All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
About All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is ranked first in the list of medical universities in India. Located in New Delhi it was established in 1956 and operates under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. AIIMS provides medical facilities in more than 50 areas. When it was established it was a care center, however, later on, it was decided that the hospital will be further extended into an educational institute which will nourish students into exceptional MBBS doctors. The mission of AIIMS is to create an opportunity for medical students for their intellectual, spiritual, emotional, cultural, and physical development which makes them exceptional doctors. It is committed in its pursuit of excellence to provide the best academic facilities and atmosphere to its students and to train future leaders of medicine who set new standards for knowledge and compassion.
Eligibility Criteria of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)There are certain rules that need to be fulfilled before a student can appear for the admission test. Those are as follows:
- The candidate applying should be a minimum of 17 years old.
- The candidate should have passed their 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- The candidate should have appeared for English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 10+2 examination.
- The general category candidates should have a minimum aggregate of 60% in their exam and students of SC/ ST/ OBC should have a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- The Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) need to submit the document of registration under section 7A of the citizenship act, 1955.
- The foreign candidates don’t have to appear in the AIIMS MBBS examination test but have to submit all documents needed from candidates applying through the AIIMS MBBS examination test.
Application Fee of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- General/ OBC candidates: Rs. 1000
- SC/ ST category candidates: Rs 800
Admission Process at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)After the candidate applying has satisfied all eligibility conditions than they move on to the next step:
AIMS MBBS Application FormThe application form can be filled offline as well as online. First, the candidate has to choose in which city they would prefer to take the examination which is done on a first-come-first-serve basis. There are certain documents needed for the application form, they are as follows:
- Your personal and academic details.
- Mobile number and email id.
- Scanned images of your signature, photograph, and left thumb impression in the prescribed format.
- Debit Card/ Credit Card/Net Banking details.
Steps To Apply For All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) MBBSSTEP 1: REGISTRATION To register online the candidate has to go the AIIMS official website and read the terms and conditions carefully and then click on ‘proceed’. You would then have successfully registered and will be given an ID and password which you should carefully note down. STEP 2: PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE To pay for the application fee you will be directed to a transaction method through a Debit or Credit card. STEP 3: CHOOSE EXAM CITY After successfully paying the application fee you will be told to choose the city you desire to take the exam in. However, there are limited seats in each city and they are filled on first-come-first-basis and if the candidate has not applied in time he may not get a seat for the city he desires to take the exam in. STEP 4: FILLING OF PERSONAL DETAILS The candidate should fill up all academic and personal details that are required and should save all details side by side. STEP 5: UPLOADING SCANNED IMAGES The candidate has to upload scanned copies of their photograph, signature, and left thumb impression. There are certain specifications on the scanned documents to be uploaded. They are as follows:
- The candidate’s photograph should be of 3.5cm X 4.5cm size with a white background with 200 dpi. The file size should 50-100 kb and the file format should be jpg/jpeg/gif/png.
- The candidates left thumb impression should be of 4 cm X 3 cm size with 200 dpi. The file size should be 10-50 kb and file format should be jpg/jpeg/gif/png.
- The candidate’s signature should be 6 cm X 3 cm size with 200 dpi. The file size should 10-50 kb. And file format should be jpg/jpeg/gif/png.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Entrance TestAIIMS MBBS entrance test is one of the most competitive medical university tests in India, with about 2 lakh candidates applying. The books recommended for the preparations of the test are:
- AIPMT/ AIIMS Success Pack for Medical Entrance Exam.
- 16 Years’ Solved Papers.
- NCERT Extract- Objective Physics, Chemistry, Biology for AIPMT, Class 11/ 12.
|CATEGORY||MINIMUM CUT OFF MARKS|
|SC/ ST Category||40%|
|OPH||Depends on category|
Fee StructureThe general category fee structure for the 5.5 years MBBS course is as follows:
|PARTICULARS||YEAR 1/ Rs||YEAR 2/ Rs||YEAR 3/ Rs||YEAR 4/ Rs||YEAR 5/ Rs|