Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
Andhra Medical College is one of the reputed medical colleges located in India. It is known as AMC, Visakhapatnam and it is one of the most popular medical colleges located in Andhra Pradesh. AMC is affiliated to NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada and approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The college was established on 19th July 1923 and it is the oldest government-run medical college in Andhra Pradesh.
The college has produced high profile medical specialists who have provided selfless and remarkable services for the benefit of the nation with the help of modern infrastructure and a team of subject matter experts and certified teaching staff. AMC is one of the prestigious Medical Colleges which provides extensive training courses in various medical and allied branches including super specialty courses. Following is the list of programs offered:
Location:Medical College Road Opp Collector Office Maharanipeta King George Hospital Campus, Andhra Pradesh 530002, India.
Mission and Objectives:
AMC plans to accomplish the following objectives by providing the best training education to its students:
- To enrich the society we’re living in by imparting leadership skills in the development of our future doctors.
- To launch new technical and non-technical courses by making the best use of resources and technology available to meet the needs of Healthcare at certain levels and areas.
- Prepare the students in such a way that they are encouraged to face the competencies for success.
- To develop competent doctors by ensuring appropriate processes and procedures which reflect ethical, cultural, community orientated and evidence-based practices to achieve the best possible health outcomes for the benefit of the nation.
- To prepare the students in such a way that they would figure out how to settle on choices and make decisions individually as well as learning when to team up to work better when needed.
- MD General Medicine
- MD Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- MD Psychiatry
- MD Anaesthesiology
- MD Tuberculosis, Respiratory Diseases and Pulmonary Medicine
- MD Paediatrics
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Community Medicine/Social & Preventive Medicine
- MD Microbiology
- MD Pathology
- MD Physiology
- MD Pharmacology
- MD Radiodiagnosis/Radiol
- MD Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy
- MD/MS Anatomy
- MD/MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- MD/MS Ophthalmology
- MS General Surgery
- MS ENT
- MS Orthopedics
- DM Cardiology
- DM Gastroenterology
- DM Nephrology
- DM Endocrinology
- DM Neurology
- Ch Urology/Genitourinary Surgery
- Ch Neurosurgery
- Ch Plastic Surgery
For undergraduates, AMC offers an MBBS degree program. The course duration of an MBBS4.5 years and includes a one-year compulsory rotatory Internship.
For post-graduates, AMC offers MD/MS programs and the duration for this program is 3-years. Following is the list of courses offered in this degree program:
AMC also offers DM/M.Ch degree programs and the duration for this program is 3-years. Following is the list of all the courses offered in this program:
Moreover, AMC also offers a Diploma for post-graduates, with a duration of 2-years. Following are the courses offered in this program:
- Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy
- Diploma in Anesthesia
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Diploma in Oto- Rhino- Laryngology
- Diploma in Psychological Medicine
- Diploma in Public Health
- Diploma in Radio Therapy
- Diploma in Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases
- Firstly, candidates should have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year UG (MBBS) Course or PG Courses.
- The candidate should have passed Class 12th/equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects with minimum 50% marks.
- Candidate must be Indian National.
- Candidates must qualify one of the following entrance test- NEET.
- Candidates seeking admission to 3-year Full-time MS/MD Program and PG Diploma shall possess an MBBS degree recognized by MCI with a minimum 55% in aggregate and must have completed a one-year compulsory rotatory internship.
- Candidates must complete a one-year internship training by March 31 of the admission year to be eligible.
- Candidates should be registered under the Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC) or Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates seeking admission to 3-year Full-time DM shall possess an MD degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate or provisional pass certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates seeking admission to 3-year Full-time M.Ch shall possess MS degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate or provisional pass certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates seeking admission to 2-year Diploma shall possess an MBBS or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
The admission in AMC, Visakhapatnam can be taken through the NEET exam and based on the medical exam scorecard, the admission seekers can fulfill the eligibility criteria of admission guidelines to get into the college.
- The admissions in UG and PG courses can also be taken through the Andhra Pradesh NEET state entrance test.
Entrance Exam (NEET):
Once the candidate is eligible for applying in any of the degree programs mentioned above, they have to further clear an exam called National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
The entrance examination for UG Courses is NEET-UG and NEET-PG for PG Courses. NEET-SS is the single-window entrance examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) for admissions into DM/M.Ch courses.
After the NEET examination takes place, a merit list is prepared and students are chosen according to their merit number. However, if two or more students have equal scores in NEET, preference will be given to
- Candidate having higher marks in Biology, NEET.
- Candidate having higher marks in Chemistry, NEET.
- Candidate older in age.
Required Documents (After Selection):
Once the candidates are allotted seats in AMC in the degree program chosen by them, they should report to the college with the following documents:
- Admit Card.
- 8 passport size photographs.
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport).
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet.
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Scorecard or Rank Letter.
- Provisional Allotment Letter.
Candidates must have original copies of the following:
- NEET Score Card.
- 8 passport size photographs.
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport).
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rdPart II mark sheet.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
Following the fee for UG Programs:
Total fee (5-years)
Following is the fee for PG programs:
₹20,000 (₹10,000 per-year)
AMC believes in the development of its students by providing them with matchless facilities, comprising of the necessities as well as the best ones to transform them into the best doctors. Therefore, the key goal of AMC is to provide students with the best facilities to develop them, so that they can enrich the society in which we’re living.
- Hostel (Male/Female)
- IT Infrastructure
- Internet Facility
- Transport Facility
Following are the on-campus facilities provided by College, to provide the best learning experience to its students:
Why should you choose AMC over other Medical Colleges?
Well, to be honest, getting into AMC is the dream of all medical candidates even in the combines state of Andhra Pradesh. We’ll start with the education provided at AMC. The Faculty of AMC is very well-educated and hard-working and it is considered to be one of the best faculties. Students who pursued MBBS from AMC are very well settled in India and abroad. The administrative staff is very cooperative and help the students a lot. AMC provides high education quality, good quality of life, cultural and extra-curricular activities along with the required practice sessions for the health professionals.
If we talk about the location of AMC, it is a major tourist destination due to its beautiful beaches. It is also ranked high among the cleanest cities in India. The local food is very delectable as compared to many fine-dining hotels and restaurants. The city enjoys a good transport system as well as making commuting very easy and comfortable. The crime rate in the city is also very low and quite safe for people to travel even at midnight.
After Getting into AMC:
Getting into a good medical college is everyone’s dream and let’s be honest, it is one of the toughest things to do and getting into an institute like AMC is a big achievement. AMC is among one of the top medical colleges of India, and it is known for providing the best medical education to its students which helps them develop and become future doctors of the world. If you get into AMC, you’re one of those few intelligent and hardworking people who deserved to be here and be the best doctors in the world with the help of great faculty members at AMC.
Anyway, Congratulations! You have cleared the first and the toughest step of this journey. Now, what next? Now, comes the next step and a bit tough one comprising of a lot of challenges for you but don’t worry, if you have qualified for the first step, it’ll be easy for you to clear the next step too. It will require a bit of hard work and your focus to overcome these challenges. Here are the few tips mentioned below to help you:
1. Managing Time:
Managing time is a milestone that gets every medical student through the 4 years of hard work and sleepless nights. Managing time is a competent task and requires work but once you get a hold of how to manage time and allot your time to each task effectively, you’re already good to go. There are certain aspects of managing time.
Firstly, manage your time according to the importance of the task. We all know that throughout our life, all things are done concerning the relative significance it holds for us. Thus, keep in perspective that the most important task comes first, and then comes the rest. Secondly, manage time according to the difficulty of a particular task. This means the difficult task should be done first, due to the technicalities it carries and the consumption of time it requires. Thus, keep in perspective the difficulty of all tasks and allot your time accordingly.
Thirdly, monitor your time management progress. This part may come off as difficult because of the process that may be involved. So indulge in performance tracking that will enlighten you on how you have managed your time, how effectively, how much more growth is needed and how the steps that are needed are being followed. Thus, this step is extremely crucial for the underlying frameworks of time management and the importance that it holds.
If getting through a medical school was so easy, everyone would be doing it. But that’s the difference, it’s not. Relying solely on old methods, or one method of study is never ample. The sooner the students realize it, the better and easier it will be for them to adapt. Thus, you should keep in mind the significance of studying since day one.
Studying through various means encompassing class lectures, notes, studying online and the list goes on and on. The technicalities related to the field of medical and the crucial field that it requires a massive amount of hard work and a strong potential that needs to be observed immediately in the students. Your competencies should be reflected in all your tests and examinations because you’re motivated enough to choose a field that’s going to change your life forever. And changing your life means changing your way of life; put in extra and do your 100% because that’s what’s going to be your survival kit till the end.
Make a plan. This may sound cliché but believe you me, it is one of the most widely recognized aspects that enhances the future results. For every course that you are being offered, make a plan and divide your chapters according to the days or weeks. Assign yourself various forms of goals; be it weekly or monthly that needs to be fulfilled within the given time frame. Thus making a self-study plan will encourage growth and an enhanced result.
3. Dr. Najeeb Lectures:
Burden of missing classes due to emergencies that may prevail due to unforeseen circumstances, unable to focus in class or unable to make notes due to whatever reason is the most troubling situation for a medical student, especially keeping in perspective the importance of every word being said, every jargon, every sentence, and the list goes on. But ever imagined a time when a person is a click away for all the solutions to their problem? You can imagine, now that Dr. Najeeb Lectures are at your disposal. These lectures are the World’s most popular lecture and accommodate students with different learning styles, by addressing to a diverse set of students with different capabilities. Thus, these lectures are understood widely by every student all over the world, and they’re likely to be your best option.
These topics cover a wide canvas encompassing Neuro-anatomy, Embryology, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology. These lectures cover almost all the topics currently in the medical curriculum of almost all the medical institutes. Furthermore, what makes us unique is our ability to give our students a visual representation that makes it easier for the students to store the knowledge in their brain effortlessly. Furthermore, our application makes you accessible to the lectures irrespective of where and when, with no time constraints. Thus, with so many strong aspects of these lectures, these lectures should be your go-to, making your life easy without any constraints and barriers therein.
4. Self-Care/Rewarding Yourself:
Amidst all the difficulties of a medical student, the self-care factor can’t be overlooked. Know the significance of caring for yourself because the importance of mental health can’t be emphasized enough. The involvement in various self-care activities is important. It can mean giving yourself a break now and then, rather than piling all the notes into your brain until it can’t take it anymore. It can also mean giving yourself the entire weekend and study on weekdays; your idea of self-care is entirely different depending on your personality and your happiness. It doesn’t have to be the same as the rest; it just needs to be right for you.
Secondly, rewarding yourself is an extremely crucial factor that is not thought enough by many people around us. It is very important because rewarding yourself means incentivizing hard work. This further grows seeds of more hard work and you’re inclined to do better each time in hope of reward from yourself. The reward can be in various forms; whichever way is preferable for you. But never forget just how significant it is because it is always tied to better performance and better results in the future.
In the end, we would like to assure you that there are always ups and downs in life. Don’t lose hope, keep our tips in mind and Good luck!