(CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata
About (CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata:(CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata was established in 1907. (CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata is a medical college located in Kolkata, 32 Gorachand Road, India. It is affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Sciences currently. The college is ranked 20th among medical colleges in India. (CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata is a government based medical college. The highly qualified, deeply committed, and professionally inspired faculty gives to the college academic excellence. The faculty at (CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata not only excels in their teaching abilities but also keep themselves abreast of the latest trends and developments in medicine. Moreover, they have also accomplished researchers, contributors, and developers in their respective areas of interest. (CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata aims to provide a high standard of medical education to all undergraduate and postgraduate students. It also focuses on teaching the values of ethical medical practice. (CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata is recognized by the following for both, running MBBS course and Postgraduate programs:
- Medical Council of India
Courses Offered at Calcutta National Medical College:
Undergraduate:For undergraduates, (CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata offers the MBBS courses, BSc Nursing.
Postgraduate:The course for Postgraduate degree is 3 years long and the Postgraduate diploma is 2 years long. Below is the list of all courses offered by CNMC:
- MS General Surgery
- MS Orthopedics
- MS Ophthalmology
- MS Anatomy
- MS E.N.T
- MS Obstetrics and Gynecology
- MSC Medical Anatomy
- MSC Medical Biochemistry
- MSC Microbiology
- MSC Pathology
- MSC Physiology
- MD Pediatric
- MD Anesthesiology
- MD General Medicine
- MD Pathology
- MD Microbiology
- MD Radio Diagnosis
- MD Preventive and Social Medicine
- MD Psychiatry
- MD Obstetrics and Gynecology
- MD Forensic Medicine
- MD Physical Medicine
- MD Dermatology
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Social and Preventive Medicine
- MD Transfusion Medicine
- MD Pharmacology
- Ch Neuro Surgery
- Ch Pediatric Surgery
- Ch Urology
- Ch Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Ch Plastic Surgery
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Medical Radio-Diagnosis
- Diploma in Public Health
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Diploma in Immuno Hematology and Blood Transfusion
- Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Diploma in Forensic Medicine
- Diploma in Anesthesiology
Eligibility Criteria:For a candidate to qualify for application of admission to (CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata, following are the requirements:
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 / A level / IB / American 12th grade or any equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English as majors from a recognized board.
- The applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in all the science subjects combined of the qualifying examination.
- The lower age limit is of 17 years on the 31st December of the year of admission.
- Foreign applicants are required to submit the following:
- A No Objection Certificate from the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- ‘Equivalence Certificate’ from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi who will equate their qualifications as equivalent to the 10+2 of India.
- A Student Visa.
- A Residential Certificate.
- The selection of candidates is solely conducted on the basis of the valid rank obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 and through centralized common counseling conducted by DGHS.
- The applicant applying for the Postgraduate programs should have passed the MBBS examination from a recognized Medical college that is affiliated to any University recognized by the MCI.
- The applicants must have completed a year of Compulsory Rotating Internship in a Medical institute recognized by the MCI.
- The applicant must have registered their MBBS degree with their respective State Medical Council.
- The selection of applicants will be solely on valid rank obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET).
- Foreign applicants must be registered practitioners in the country from where they have obtained their degree and are required to obtain a temporary registration certificate from Medical Council of India.
Application Process:Applicants looking for admission in different degree and diploma programs offered by CNMC are required to enroll and appear in the respective exams. To apply for (CNMC) – Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata, the candidate needs to follow the succeeding steps:
- Visit the institute to obtain their prospectus along with the application form by paying the application fee.
- Fill in the form very carefully and mention the courses of interest to get admitted to.
- Attach the required documents with the form.
- Submit the completed form to the admissions office.
Required Documents:The following documents (as required by candidate chosen degree) should be attached with the application form:
- Metric and 10+2 marks sheet and passing certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree and mark sheet.
- Entrance exam admit card and scorecard.
- MBBS mark sheet and degree.
- Migration Certificate.
- Character Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner.
- Equivalence Certificate (if applicable).
Important Dates:These dates are according to the year 2018:
|Entry Test Name||Application Start Date||Application End Date||Exam Date|
|NEET||February 8||March 12||May 6|
|NEET PG||September 26||November 27||January 7|
Facilities:The campus of the Calcutta National Medical College (CNMC) is not only known for imparting excellent education but also for exemplary facilities. The atmosphere of the college facilitates learning for the students. Furthermore, the college is well-equipped with necessary amenities like classrooms with finest infrastructure, labs for various research and experiments and a library. The objective of these facilities is to make learning favorable for its students. CNMC believes in imparting not only excellent education but providing for its students the finest facilities in all regards. The Institute brings about an environment with the best infrastructural facilities.
Library:The CNMC Medical College Library was established in the Year 1907. College has one of the best medical libraries in the state. There are 17000 books in library. Library also subscribes to 42 national and international journals. The Central Library Sections: The central library is the biggest Library at CNMC and it contains the following sections:
- Staff reading room.
- Interns reading room.
- Rooms for librarian and other staff.
- Microfilm reading, Video and audio LCD. Projector room.
- Current journals room.
- Back volume of periodicals room.
- Air-conditioned computer room with Medlar & internet facility.
- Undergraduate Section.
- Group Discussion rooms.
- Individual Study rooms.
Library Facilities:CNMC Library provides the following facilities:
- Document Circulation Service:
- Reference Service:
- Photocopy Service:
- Audio-visual Services:
- Computers Services
- Internet browsing and online journals access.
- Facilities for preparing presentation materials such as slides, transparencies and color scanning
- Assisting the students and faculty members for editing projects/thesis, data analysis, setting the file to the required quality of print and printing.
- Color scanning CD writing, with laser printing and DOT matrix printing.