Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
case western reserve university school of medicine is located in Cleveland, Ohio, just 5 miles East of downtown. It was established in 1826. CWRU is ranked 40th among National universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2020, 32nd most innovative by U.S. News & World Report, 2019 and best medical university in Ohio by Brookings Institution report, 2017.
- Case Western Reserve University aims to advance the lives of people with the help of research that takes advantage of collaboration, and education that intensely engrosses students.
- This goal is attained through scholarship and creative attempts. Active and innovative learning is continuous. A comprehensive culture of global citizenship is promoted.
- Nurtures a community of exceptional scholars who are cooperative and collegial, functioning in an atmosphere distinguished by support, mentoring and inclusion
- It provides students with the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary to become leaders in a world characterized by rapid change and increasing interdependence.
- Tracks distinguishing opportunities, for developing a relationship with outstanding medical, cultural, intellectual, and scientific institutions in Worldwide.
- Supports the advancement of thriving disciplines as well as new areas of interdisciplinary excellence.
CWRU aims to be recognized internationally as an institution that influences the future. Toward that end CRWU:
- Eminence in teaching and research
- Scholarship that changes lives and deepens understanding
- Creativity and innovation as hallmarks of our efforts
- Civility and the free exchange of ideas
- Civic and international engagement
- Distinct perspectives and talents are appreciated for each individual
- Academic freedom and responsibility
- Ethical behavior
- Shared governance
- Strong, ongoing financial planning
- Emphasis on sustainability
- Systems that support attainment of our mission
Academic Excellence and Impact
Inclusiveness and Diversity
Integrity and Transparency
Applying to CWRU
Creating an online application
- If you are applying to multiple programs, you are supposed to create a profile using an email address for each application.
- The login information is needed when logging in to complete your application and to recover your authorized admission decision.
- Choose your degree seeking in applicant type.
- Next enter your legal name, the name which has to appear on your admission form.
- A CV or Resume of 1 to 2 pages is required
- The personal statement should consist of 1 to 2 pages and clarify why you want to pursue graduate school or your desired program and personal/professional goals, any previous experience of research, interests for research, etc.
- Proper step-by-step instructions are shown in the application and on the official page.
- The website can be seen for individual departments and score information or requirements.
- To lessen application costs and logistics of the application, it is unnecessary to send official score reports for the admissions process. You have to upload unofficial score reports onto the application for review. If you have gained admission, then you will be required to submit official score reports.
- Application PDF needs to be viewed and printed.
- Select the Confirmation box.
- Pay your application fee.
- Move to the final step and type your complete name and date and click on submit application.
Personal Data section
Section for Education History
Classify and upload an unofficial transcript from each institution directly onto the application portal. ONLY if you are admitted, then you will be required to submit official transcripts. To lessen the cost and logistics of the application process, avoid sending transcripts along with the application, transcripts will not be reviewed. Official transcripts are not needed for CWRU graduates, their information can be collected from SIS. They are only required to upload an unofficial transcript for review to the application. International students’ documents in languages other than English must be translated into English.
Section of Upload Documents
Section of Test Scores
Section for Recommendations
Three letters of recommendation must be submitted from those people who are well familiar to you, and who can survey your future planning, capacities, and achievements. Letters ought to be from your recent teachers in your proposed field of study. On the off chance that you have been out of school for quite a long while, one letter might be from your manager, boss or other individuals acquainted with your latest experience.
If the one who is recommending you is finishing the suggestion Offline make certain to go to the Downloadable Forms segment, print the Recommendation Form and give it to them. This structure ought to go with their suggestion letter.
Sign/Submit for Application Fee
Financial Aid Documents Deadline
Deadline to enroll
Early decision I
Pre-Professional Scholars Program
Early decision II
Beginning Jan 8
1 week after admission
- If you are currently an undergraduate, you must complete all bachelor’s degree requirements before matriculating at the CWRU. If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program, you must complete all advanced degree requirements before matriculation.
- Applicants are bound to have only one medical school position at a time after the 30th of April. The acceptances that you possess will be reported by AMCAS to the medical university. For the betterment of applicants on the waiting list, try to make your decision no later than April 30 and inform the Admissions Office of case western reserve university school of medicine.
- International students must complete and submit all documents required by the International Studies Office by July 1, before matriculation.
- All acceptances to the CWRU of Medicine are contingent upon satisfactory completion of all future course work. If you score a grade ‘C’ you will have to give a written explanation. Re-evaluation will be held in case of a ‘D’ grade.
- All candidates applying should have completed at least 90 semester hours of course work in an accredited Canadian or U.S. college.
- Applicants who are not U.S. nationals or permanent residents in the U.S. can apply as well, provided that they have completed a minimum of 90 semester hours of course work in an accredited Canadian or U.S college.
- Applicants who present MCAT test scores, those test scores can be from the current version of MCAT or the future version of MCAT, however, the test should be taken no later than 30th September of the year before matriculation.
- The average GPA and MCAT for the entering class of 2019 was:
- 3.78;Cumulative GPA with a range of 3.24-4.00
- 3.75;Science GPA with a range of 3.11-4.00
- 518;MCAT, with a range of 504-526. Mode: 519
Conditions for Acceptance and continuation of Degree
- MS Anatomy
- MS Anesthesiologist Assistant
- MS Biochemistry
- MS Bioethics and Medical Humanities
- MS Biomedical and Health Informatics
- MS Biostatistics
- MS Clinical Research
- MS Dietetic Internships
- MS Public Health Nutrition with Public Health Dietetic Internship (MS/PHN)
- MS Nutrition with Dietetic Internship (CDI/MDP)
- MS Genetic Counseling
- MS Medical Physiology
- MS Nutrition
- MS Pathology
- MS Physician Assistant
- MS Public Health
- MS Regenerative Medicine and Entrepreneurship
- MS Systems Biology and Bioinformatics
- Ph.D. in Molecular Medicine
- Ph.D. Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Ph.D. Clinical Translational Science
- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering
- Ph.D. Systems Biology and Bioinformatics
- Ph.D. Physiology and Cellular Biophysics
- Ph.D. Pharmacology
- Ph.D. Biomedical Sciences Training Program
- Ph.D. Biochemistry
- Ph.D. Cell Biology PhD
- Ph.D. Genetics and Genome Sciences
- Ph.D. Genetics and Genome Sciences
- Ph.D. Molecular Biology and Microbiology
- Ph.D. Molecular Virology
- Ph.D. Neurosciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Genetics and Genome Sciences
- Molecular Biology and Microbiology
- Molecular Medicine
- Physiology and Biophysics
- Population and Quantitative Health Sciences
- Clinical Science
When you become a student at case western reserve university school of medicine, you become a Spartan. Just like the namesake warriors at CWRU, CWRU values an education that engages the mind and body. That’s why three levels of sports are offered to get your Sports blood pumping. With more than 5,000 participants and 50+ sports to chooe from, it becomes inevitable that you will find something you love. CWRU offers baseball, men’s basketball, men’s cross country, football, men’s soccer, men’s swimming & diving, men’s tennis, men’s track and field, wrestling, women’s basketball, women’s cross country, women’s soccer, softball, women’s swimming & diving, women’s tennis, women’s track and field, and volleyball. Widespread basketball courts, track fields, huge baseball grounds, swimming pools add to the sports infrastructure of CWRU.
There are eight libraries operated by the university, including the Kelvin Smith Library which has all the material for the teaching and research of CWRU. The libraries are namely Kelvin Smith library, Astronomy library, Cleveland Health Sciences library, Kulas Music library, Law School library. Hundreds of volumes, journals, research papers and uncountable online collection of relevant material is available at CWRU libraries.
CWRU offers unmatchable facilities for housing. The university offers 12 first-year buildings, 8-second year buildings, 9 upper-class buildings, and 18 Greek Life Houses. Collaborates Real Estate is present for providing excellent housing opportunities in nearby apartment buildings. Laundry facilities are provided by the university.
After Getting Admitted into case western reserve university school of medicine
Life at a Medical College is different from life at school or outside the medical college. Making into a Medical college after competing with such intelligent students who have always been scoring well is a very big accomplishment. Entering into a college doesn’t bring an end to the struggle but it is just the beginning of determined and devoted hard work. Getting selected into CWRU is no minor achievement. At medical college life goes through various phases and some phases are challenging, to beat those challenges a few tips are mentioned below.
Efficient Management of time
At medical college, you can no longer rely on your parents to keep a calendar of everything that’s going on and instead you must sort things for yourself. Added to this the way that a big extent of time at medical college will be spent feeling exhausted, because of too much studying or celebrating, and this is a formula for potential catastrophe. Practical’s may collide with sports matches or a get-together may be going on when you intend to see your family. The most significant thing is to deal with your time productively. Revise your notes on a regular basis and always start early. Whenever any task or test is assigned to you don’t drag it till the last date, rather start early so you have the opportunity to ask others and perform well.
Learn and Grow as You Go:
While each course or assignment might be unique, the skills needed to perform well on them carry over from one to the next. It might seem obvious, but a key element of success is paying attention to and working on the feedback you receive. Grades, comments, contradictory information, stress, delight are all forms of feedback that can help you to improve. Instead of working harder doing the same things, change your approach gradually based on the feedback that you receive.
Dr. Najeeb Lectures:
Medical college students are often seen stressed out due to tough studies. There are many hard to understand concepts and topics. It is not a very big issue if students don’t understand some course or some topic. The main problem is that it is very hard to get help for a missed concept or difficult course. This demotivates the students and deteriorates their performance. If it was a few years back it was indeed a big problem but now there is nothing to worry about. Whenever you are stuck with a concept you can always access Dr. Najeeb’s Lectures. These are video lectures which are an incredible source for self-studying. Dr. Najeeb’s Lectures are the world’s best medical lectures, covering every aspect of Gross Anatomy, Neuro-anatomy, Embryology, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology. These lectures comprise of visualizations of knowledge delivered by books. These lectures also comprise of hand-drawn illustrations to further clarify concepts of students. Furthermore, one can get lifetime access to these lectures and even download the app to avail them anytime, anywhere.
Read the Course Outline:
Taking notes from a lecture is an activity that requires focus. Active listening includes focusing, building up an enthusiasm for listening to the lecture, and maintaining a strategic distance from judgment of the speaker before completion. Put all your attention to the beginnings and endings of the lecture to grasp all the knowledge being delivered. The ideas you hear need to be evaluated for the selection of important information. Avoid the passive listener approach of trying to get it all, instead listen for main ideas, key details, and transitional phrases that point to the structure and focus of the lecture.
Organize Your Workspace:
You have to ensure that enough space is available to spread your notes and textbooks out. Is the light in your studying space enough? If your chair is comfortable? Are your computer games out of sight? You need to try and get rid of all distractions, and make sure you feel as comfortable as possible. Ssome people need everything to be completely tidied up and ordered to concentrate, while some might flourish in a messier environment. Think clearly what kind of setup is best for you to focus completely and attain that setup.
Choose People Around You Carefully:
If you are focused on taking your life/career/business to the advanced level, then why not associate with people on that level? This will help you in widening your vision to greater opportunities. It is natural to feel most comfortable with people who are like you, and that’s alright. But, it is at times best to step outside of your comfort zone for out of your comfort zone is where the magic happens. And find friends who bring forward challenges for you and motivate you towards betterment. In the end, we would like to assure you that there are always ups and downs in life. Don’t lose hope, keep our tips in mind and Good luck!