CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE, LUDHIANA
ABOUT USThe Greenfield sisters, Miss Martha Rose, and Miss Kay Greenfield were the founders of the North Indian School of Medicine for Christian Women. The name was changed to Christian Medical College (CMC) in 1952 to enable it to admit both men and women students for the upgraded MBBS course which came into effect for its first admission from 1953. Click here to visit their official website. CMC is recognized by the Medical Council of India and affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab.
MISSION AND VISION
Mission StatementChristian Medical College Ludhiana Society, on behalf of the Church, seeks to contribute to the health needs of India by training primarily Christian Medical, Dental, Nursing, and other health professional students and by providing holistic health services to the community and the nation, with people of the Christian faith serving in Christ’s name alongside with those of other faiths, who identify with these aims and goals
VisionTo provide excellent comprehensive training to graduate and postgraduate students for the advancement of medical knowledge and research to make a significant contribution to the health standards of all communities of our nation, urban and rural, and to reach primarily the unreached communities of India or elsewhere as needed
Quality Policy of Christian Medical College LudhianaThe Christian Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana through its colleges and hospitals are committed to the healing ministry of the church
- By providing high-quality health care and strive for continuous improvement in quality
- Ensure patients safety by providing them with compassionate care of high professional standards
- Maintain quality by offering continuous training to the faculty, staff, residents, and students
- Meet all regulatory and statutory requirements
- Conduct regular quality audits and strive to implement quality measures
- Encourage optimum usage of infrastructure and facilities.
Philosophy and objectives of the institutionIn fulfillment of this objective, the Society has established the institution (Christian Medical College, Christian Dental College, College of Nursing, Hospitals, and other units) as a Christian Institution in name, content, and character. In furtherance of the above affirmations, the Christian Medical College, Christian Dental College, College of Nursing, Hospitals and other units are administered as an educational and research institution of an all India character, run, managed by Christian men and women as health professionals, to the highest standards and in the spirit of Jesus Christ, for the healing ministry of the Church of India. The staff of all faiths shall live and serve together in the Institution in an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust, and love. In this atmosphere of mutual trust and undertaking, all the staff shall together strive to create a climate of excellence that is marked by a sense of God’s presence and action in their corporate ministry in the Institution.
Why Choose Christian Medical College Ludhiana?This is a college that has a rich history and a legacy of working and learning with empathy, passion, vigor, and honesty. CMC produces competent and professional doctors, in the spirit of the Christ, who are provided with all the tools and skills required in the medical field along with being compassionate and caring towards the patients they look after. The college not only makes you a successful doctor but also shapes you into a good human being. CMC believes that a balance should be kept for a student to have a healthy life. They not only help give knowledge but polish out other talents that their students have.
ELIGIBILITYFor a candidate to apply for CMC, they should first fulfill the eligibility criteria:
- To apply for UG courses, a candidate must complete 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- Only Indian citizens and NRIs are admitted to the course.
- No other foreign national is allowed to be admitted to the mentioned courses.
- All the candidates are required to qualify for the NEET UG examination.
- Candidate with 50 % marks in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English is eligible.
- For SC and OBC classes, the minimum passing percentage is 40% for each subject.
- NRI candidates are required to qualify for the NEET examination and apply to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridabad.
ADMISSIONAfter fulfilling the eligibility criteria the candidate has to apply for the admission test. Admission is conducted via the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). In NEET the candidate has to score a minimum of 50%, however, students of ST/ SC/ OBC have to score a minimum of 45%. The entrance test has 180 MCQs with 4 options to choose from. The exam is conducted in 3 hours and the number of question per subject is as follows:
|SUBJECT||NO OF QUESTIONS|
- The maximum number of marks a candidate can achieve is 720.
- For every correct answer, the candidate gets 4 marks and for every wrong answer, the candidate loses one mark.
- The exam has to be performed with a black or blue pen.
- The questions from the above subjects are related to the information the candidate studied at 10+2 levels at school.
- Candidate having higher marks in Biology, NEET.
- Candidate having higher marks in Chemistry, NEET.
- Candidate older in age.
- 10th class examination mark sheet and certificate.
- HSC examination mark sheet and certificate.
- NEET admit card and score sheet.
- Course and Conduct certificate.
- Caste certificate for candidates seeking SC/ ST/ OBC quota.
- All the qualifying candidates need to apply online through Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS).
- Such students are allotted dates for counseling at BFUHS as per their Merit ranks in the NEET-UG program wherein they need to submit the documents.
- Christian Minority with Service Commitment is required to send a copy of their completed application of BFUHS to the Registrar, CMC Ludhiana.
- Such candidates also need to send a Baptism Certificate, Church Membership Certificate, Affidavit of Service, Letter of Service Commitment, and Domicile details.
- All the candidates under Christian Minority with Service Commitment must apply online to CMC Ludhiana and pass the Bible Test with a minimum of 40%.
- The candidate needs to provide the required details and documents. All the enclosures along with the Admission form is to be sent to the Registrar, CMC Ludhiana Society.
- For the Bible test, the Applicant needs to select a Test Centre.
- The Hall Tickets can be downloaded through the CMC website.
- After successful completion of the Bible Test and Application Process, a candidate of Christian Minority with Service Commitment is eligible to get admitted.
- For all other categories, Merit List will be uploaded on the BFUHS website.
SEATS AVAILABLEFor MBBS
- There are 75 seats.
- Out of 75, 48 are for Christian Minority Candidates
- 12 seats are for Open Category (Amongst these seats, 8 are allotted to applicants belonging to the state of Punjab).
- 11 Seats are for NRI Candidates.
- The rest is for other categories.
- There are 40 seats
- 24 seats are allotted to Christian Minority Candidates.
- 8 seats are for the Open category (Amongst these seats, 5 are allotted to applicants belonging to the state of Punjab)
- 6 seats are for NRIs.
- The rest of the seats are then allotted to the remaining categories.
ACADEMICSThe Christian Medical College the following departments:
- Oral Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Chest Medicine
- Conservative Dentistry
- Casualty Trauma
- Plastic Surgery
- Forensic Medicine
BACHELOR OF MEDICINE, BACHELOR OF SURGERY [MBBS]
BACHELOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY [BPT]
BACHELOR OF DENTAL SURGERY [BDS]
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE [B.SC] (NURSING)
DOCTORATE OF MEDICINE [M.D]
MASTER OF SCIENCE [M.SC]
MASTER OF SURGERY [M.S.]
MASTER OF DENTAL SURGERY [MDS]
MASTER OF SURGERY [M.S.]
GENERAL NURSING AND MIDWIFERY [GNM]
Christian Medical College Ludhiana LIBRARYThe Library of Christian Medical College Ludhiana was established in 1956. CMC library subscribes both national and international journals in addition to the textbooks of basic and clinical sciences. The basic highlights of the Library at CMC are:
- The library service is available for 14 hours.
- There are departmental libraries, in addition to the Medical Library; containing valuable Material supplementary to that available in the medical library access to other libraries may be obtained by permission of the department head concerned.
- It has an open shelf system for accessing books.
- It also has an Audiovisual Section.
- It provides Current Awareness Services, a Free internet facility, Private Reading Room where readers can read their own books and Display to new titles, periodicals issue, etc.