CMH – Lahore Medical College And Institute Of Dentistry
About CMH-Lahore Medical College And Institute Of DentistryLocated in the premises of Combined Military Hospital Lahore in the secure and serene environment of Lahore Cantonment, CMH Lahore Medical College has been providing students with the exceptional knowledge and practice, required in this fast paced world, since 2006. The campus offers well equipped, state-of-the-art Lecture rooms for each department. Along with that, it boasts a meritorious Anatomy dissection hall, tutorial rooms, laboratories, library, computer lab, auditorium, cafeteria, book shop, sports facilities and a spacious parking area. CMH Lahore states its mission statement as “ To create an opportunity for medical students for their intellectual, spiritual, emotional, cultural & Physical development, in order to grow up as the best of medical officers. To serve the health care needs of Pakistan by educating health care practitioners to the highest international standards and stimulating innovation through research.“
Affiliations and Alliances:
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council has granted recognition to CMH Lahore Medical College.
- CMH Lahore is affiliated for new admissions of MBBS / BDS with National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) Rawalpindi.
- Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Health has approved the Institute of Dentistry CMH Lahore Medical College to impart training for BDS degree.
- World Health Organization has included the college in its World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- It is recognized for ECFMG and included in the list of Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research – FAIMER.
- Recognized with Medical Board of California (Licensing Program). Hence our graduates are eligible to apply for a California Post Graduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) or a Physicians and Surgeons Certificate. Website: http://www.mbc.ca.gov/Applications/MedicalSchools
Eligibility Criteria:CMH Lahore has divided the students who apply for this college into two distinct categories, as follows:
Local Student:The term Local Student means any person having Pakistani Nationality.
Foreign Student:The term Foreign Student means:- – Foreign national and Pakistani having dual nationality / resident status. OR – Pakistani National student who has passed an examination equivalent to intermediate level of Pakistan from a Foreign University or Examination body or Foreign Education System.
Criteria for Local and Foreign Students:To be able to apply to CMH Lahore, one needs to possess the following:
- Sc. / qualification equivalent to F.Sc. from a foreign university or foreign education system with three science subjects out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential subjects with a minimum of 660/1100 i.e. 60% marks in aggregate (without marks of NCC or Hifz-e-Quran). The third subject can either be Physics or Mathematics. The equivalence of IBCC will be accepted in aggregate.
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit for admission in MBBS/BDS Course. Due to the peculiar nature and demand of the profession a candidate should possess adequate mental and physical health.
- If the medium of instruction two years prior to application for admission/entry test is not English the candidates will be required to present a valid TOEFL or IELTS with a minimum score of 500 or 5.5 respectively.
- A student who has availed four chances without clearing the first and second professional MBBS / first professional BDS exam and has been expelled on that account, shall NOT be eligible for continuation of medical/dental studies and shall NOT be eligible for fresh admission.
Qualification Equivalent to F.Sc:As the course structure of F.Sc. is considered the requirement for a student to be able to enroll in CMH Lahore, anyone who has not studied the standard F.Sc. requires to present an equivalent to it. American High School Diploma and A level students should submit Equivalence Certificate of IBCC (Inter Board Committee of Chairmen) at the time of submission of the application form. No Equivalence Certificate will be accepted after the last date of submission of applications. A provisional certificate by IBCC is also acceptable for initial submission of application form.
Fee Structure:CMH Lahore Medical College possesses the following fee structure for MBBS & BDS (2018-2019):
|Annual Tuition Fee Charges & Other Charges||For local students Prof 1 Per annum PKR||For Foreign students Prof 1 Per annum|
|Admission Fee||50,000||50,000 PKR|
|Tuition Fee||642,000||18,000 USD|
|Re with NUMS||15,000||15,000 PKR|
|Re with PM&DC||3,000||3,000|
|Doc. Verification fee||3,000||3,000|
|Continued Critical Thinking Consortium||25,000||25,000|
|College Refundable Security||25,000||25,000|
|Annual Hostel Charges Security Deposit||870,775||18,000 USD 176,000 PKR|
|Annual Tuition Fee with Hostel Charges||1,085,996||18,000 USD 285,925 PKR|
Application Process:CMH Lahore follows a simple and easy-to-understand admission process. The person applying should carefully go through the following steps:
- Giving the NUMS entry Test: Appearing in NUMS entry test is MANDATORY for all MBBS / BDS local students. For more information please visit: http://numspak.edu.pk/
- Acquiring the prospectus: After appearing in NUMS Entry Test, the applicant needs to purchase a prospectus of the college which comes with a unique ARN number. Admission forms of Applicants will not be processed without payment of the Price of Prospectus/ Admission Process fee. The college prospectus can be collected from College admission office or the Summit Bank, Day Building, Abdur Rehman Road, Lahore Cantt. The date /period for collection of prospectus will be advertised in nationwide newspapers and on college website. It will not be dispatched via mail / post / courier. There are separate prospectuses for MBBS and BDS courses and for foreign and local candidates in each course. An applicant, if eligible, can compete simultaneously on all the four categories i.e., MBBS Local, MBBS Foreign, BDS Local and BDS Foreign. However, in such case he / she will have to purchase separate prospectus for each category and separate application forms will be filled, using separate ARN from each prospectus. The price of Prospectus for both local and Foreign Students is Rs. 3000/-.
- Filling the application form: After the applicant has purchased a prospectus for the desired program / degree, with a unique ARN number, they can proceed to the Application Form. The Admission Application Form can be filled online at your own by following the instructions at college website or at the college admission office by yourself or with assistance of admission office staff for those who find difficulty in online submission.
- Acquiring the roll number slip: A Roll number will be issued to each student for identifying own merit position in merit list. Roll number slip can be printed online using your ARN after filling out all the columns of the application form and uploading 1 x color photo image in JPG format. Applicants finding difficulty in opening the online form or uploading the photo image are requested to approach college admission office for the needful.
- Confirmation of admission: Admission of the selected students will be confirmed only after they have deposited the college admission, tuition and other fees as prescribed, within specific days of announcement of the result. If a seat is not confirmed by due date, it will be offered to the next candidate on the merit list. Once a student is admitted in the college, his Matric, F.Sc, and other certificates will be verified from respective board by NUMS. If the documents are found incorrect, the admission will be cancelled and the fees/ dues will not be refunded. In case of students with same merit position, preference will be given to the student who will be older in age.
- Once the student is registered by the university in a category of local / foreign student MBBS/BDS, the category cannot be changed throughout the course.
- No amendment in the results/ data entered will be accepted after last date of submission of application. Results received after the closing date of submission of application will not be entertained.
- Roll number slip will not be sent by TCS/ Mail/ Post.
- The candidates competing for Army seats of W & R Directorate in MBBS / BDS course must show their father’s / mother’s identity documents at the college admission office in person before the deadline of filling of application forms in order to print the Roll No slip and to be considered on Army seat.
Application Requirements:For applicants who are unable to apply online, CMH Lahore has provided them the option to apply by visiting the Admissions office. This procedure requires applicants to bring the following documents along with them:
- 1 x passport size color photograph (latest).
- Photocopy of Matriculation or equivalent qualification with IBCC Equivalence certificate.
- Photocopy of F.Sc. or equivalent qualification with IBCC Equivalence certificate.
- Photocopy of latest NUMS entry test result.
- Photocopy of SAT-II result (if applicable).
- Photocopy of own CNIC (for local students)
- Photocopy of Father CNIC (for local students)
- Photocopy of own CNIC / Passport (whichever is applicable) (for foreign students)
- Photocopy of Father CNIC / Passport (whichever is applicable) for foreign students.
- Domicile (for local students and foreign student – if available)
- Undertaking form (duly signed by the candidate and parent/guardian).
- (Note: Undertaking form is attached at the end of college prospectus or can be downloaded from the college website: www.cmhlahore.edu.pk, or obtained from college admission office.)
- (On the day of fee deposit) only for foreign student’s parents/guardians, who want to claim an exemption of 5% advance income tax in fee structure
- Copy of income tax return of the previous year.
- Copy of passport of parent/guardian, as evidence to the educational institution that during previous tax year, his/her stay in Pakistan was less than one hundred eighty three days.
- A certificate that he/she has no Pakistani source of income.
Selection Criteria:CMH Lahore Medical College follows a just and merit based process for the admittance of students. Admissions are made on merit determined according to the marks obtained in Matric & F.Sc. / equivalent exams and NUMS entry test or SAT-II as per following weightage:
|NUMS Or SAT 2||50% ‘(- for Local Students competing on the basis of SAT-ll appearing in NUMS Entry Test is MANDATORY. However if at a later stage. the PM & DC / NUMS decides not to entertain SAT-ll exam scores for local students, the admission on local seats will be conducted on the basis of NUMS Entry test only.)|