About Emory University:Emory University is a private institution located in Atlanta, Georgia. This university is famously known all around the world for its achievements and excellence in liberal arts colleges, graduates, and professionals. And let’s not forget about their creation of the world’s leading healthcare system. The university came into being in 1836. In 1915, it was converted into a university. The campus of Emory University comprises of 631 acres of land, located in the neighborhood of the beautiful Druid hills. It enrolls around 15,000 students every fall semester to turn them into professionals. Its motto,” the wise heart seeks knowledge”.
- United Methodist Church
- Grady Memorial hospital
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia Research Alliance
- And more.
Mission and Objectives of Emory University:The University wants to endow its students with degrees and scholarship at Emory with:
- A commitment to humane teaching and mentorship and respectful interaction among faculty, students, and staff
- Open disciplinary boundaries that encourage integrative teaching, research, and scholarship
- A commitment to use knowledge to improve human well-being
- A global perspective on the human condition.
- Strive to create a community characterized by respectful and mutually supportive interaction among faculty, students, staff, and the wider world.
Campus and Location:Emory University has only one campus situated at the following location: Address : 201 Dowman Dr, Atlanta, GA 30322, United States Phone: +1 404-727-6123
Courses Offered at Emory University:
Undergraduate:Subjects for undergraduate medical students are available at Emory College.
MD:Emory’s doctor of medicine (MD) is designed to maximize patient interaction time, deliver broad exposure to different practice environments, and apply research innovations in a clinical setting. Our clinical training begins the very first week, with rotations starting halfway through the second year. OR
- MD/Ph.D. in Research
- MD/MA in Bioethics
- MD/MPH in Public Health
- MD/MBS in Business
- MD/MSCR in Clinical Research
Doctor of Philosophy in Biological and Biomedical Sciences (Ph.D.)Emory’s Graduate School offers interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs in
- Cancer biology
- Molecular biology
- Population biology
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT):This degree prepares physical therapists for practice in an evolving health care environment.
- Master of Medical Science Anesthesiology (MMSc)
- Master of Medical Science Medical Counseling (MMSc)
- Master of Medical Science Physician Assistant (MMSc-PA)
- Bachelor of Medical Science Medical Imaging (BMSc)
Eligibility Criteria for Emory University:You must complete at least 90 semester hours (or 135 quarter hours) of a balanced undergraduate education from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a similarly accredited institution in Canada. Required courses must be completed before matriculation at medical school. Minimum course requirements are:
- Physical Science – 8 semester hours (with lab)
- Biology – 8 semester hours (with lab)
- Chemistry – 8 semester hours (with lab)
- Organic Chemistry – 8 semester hours (with lab)
- English – 6 semester hours
- Humanities/Social Sciences – 18 semester hours
- If your undergraduate degree is from a college outside the United States and Canada, you must complete all 32 semester hours of the required science coursework at a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a similarly accredited institution in Canada.
- You must complete the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) within four years of the matriculation year having:
- An overall score of 500 or higher
- A score of 123 or higher on the EACH subtest
Tuition Fees:Estimated Expenses 2019-2020:
Application Process:To apply to Emory University, a candidate should: Apply through:
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- America Medical College Application Service (AMCAS)
- A parcel of letters or a composite letter from a Pre-Medical or Pre-Health Committee
- A parcel of letters from a Career Center or a Letter Writing Service
- Letter of recommendation by three of your previous teachers, two of them who should be familiar with your knowledge in Science subjects.
For the MD/Ph.D. Program:
- Candidate must also submit letters of recommendation from all research mentors
Documents Required:For your application to be considered complete, the Office of Admissions must receive the following items:
- Verified AMCAS Application
- Your Emory Supplement Application (including your Photograph and Fee)
- MCAT scores (sent by AMCAS)
- Letters of Recommendation as mentioned in the above section
- Non-refundable application fee of $120 (USD)
|Early Decision I||November 1|
|Emory University Scholar Programs||November 15|
|Early Decision II||January 1|
|Regular Decision||January 1|
|Fall Transfer||March 15|
|AMCAS Submission||October 15|
|Letter of Recommendation Submission/Supplement Application||December 1|