Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)
About Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)
Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC) was established by then Chief Minister of Pakistan, Shahbaz Shareef in November, 2010. It is established in in the city of Dera Ghazi Khan which is located in the middle of the four provinces of Pakistan. The College was allotted a land by the government and a budget of Rs. 2 Billion for the completion of the campus.
The first batch of the Medical College was admitted in the 2010-11 session where the students were first admitted to Quaid-e-Azam Medical College in Bahawalpur and then after the completion of the campus to DG Khan Medical College.
The mission of Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC) to provide an international, culturally diverse environment in which students learn the skills, knowledge and attitude required for post-graduate training in the profession of health. Their aim is to also teach students compassion, patience, curiosity, tolerance and commitment to the society.
Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC) also aims to teach students to communicate effectively with patients and their families. Also learn to obtain a complete medical history of the patient, document the patients’ health information in a concise and complete way and to recognize all important and common abnormal clinical findings.
Admission Procedure at Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)
For the candidate applying first has to fulfill the eligibility criteria’s which are as follows:
- Candidate applying should have passed exams of F.Sc (Pre-Medical) with at least 60 percent marks from any Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education of Pakistan.
- Candidate who has cleared British examination should have appeared in O level (6 papers) and 3 A level exams of Biology, Chemistry and Physics and cleared all of them.
- Any candidate applying who has attained American or Canadian high school diploma should have certifying formal schooling of 12 years with a minimum CGPA of 3 with their major subjects as Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- All foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an equivalence certificate from Chairman of Inter Board Committee, Islamabad or a fully chartered university.
- Foreign candidates have to appear in SAT-II exam with the subjects Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Physics. The minimum score to be obtained in all three subjects is 550.
- Candidate applying should be not more than 25 years of age and nor less than 17 years.
After clearing the eligibility criteria the candidate has to appear for the UHS exam. UHS conducts the entrance exam once a year whose results are valid for a year. The candidate applying has to undergo the MDCAT test.
The test is of two and a half hours consisting of 220 MCQs which are divided into four sections, namely:
- Biology – (88 MCQs)
- Chemistry – (58 MCQs)
iii. Physics – (44 MCQs)
- English (General) – (30 MCQs)
For each correct answer the candidate is awarded 5 marks while for every wrong answer 1 mark is deducted. The maximum marks a candidate can score are 1100.
The test is conducted in 13 major cities of Pakistan which are as follows:
- Rahim Yar Khan
- G. Khan
- Hasan Abdal
How to Apply?
The following procedure is necessary to done correctly otherwise UHS will not accept the forms:
- Only online registration is acceptable. It means application form is not available at any physical place or center etc.
- You have to login and click on the registration button where a form will appear in front of your computer or laptop screens (You can’t use mobiles for this registration).
- Here you have to carefully fill up the form with correct spellings and true information as per your documents (once you have submit the form you will not be allow to edit this form again)
- After clicking the submit button you will see a form serial number which is important for you
- Now get the print out of this filled form and get it at any branch of Bank of Punjab (BOP) anywhere in Punjab province for submission of MDCAT registration fee Rs. 500/-
- When you will submit the fee at BOP you will have to again visit the following button and enter your serial number in “search registration form”. here you will get your roll number slip which you can print out to get it along with you at the day of entry test. (without this roll number slip or admittance card no one will be allow to enter in test center).
So bring the print out of this form at the Banki Islami Private Limited. Submit your application form here with Rs. 500/. Your roll number will be told you by the bank person sitting there and it will also be mail and send via SMS to your provided mobile number and Email address. Your Admittance Card will also be sent via Email attachment which you can download.
In the admittance card or roll number slip, your test center, date of test and roll number will be intimate.
Fee Structure of Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)
Special Quota Scholarship
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) has allocated Special Quota scholarships for students who have passed Matriculation or Intermediate Examination held by Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) or Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) in 2017. These scholarships will be awarded to students fulfilling the following eligibility criteria:
- Scholarships are awarded under following categories:
- Orphan Children
- Children of government servants in BPS 1 – 4 (children of both serving and retired govt. servants are eligible)
- Children belonging to Minority religion
- Special Children
- Children of Civilian Martyred in Terrorist Attacks
- Should have at least 60% marks in Matriculation or Intermediate Examination conducted by Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) or Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE), Islamabad.
- Passed the above mentioned examination from government institutions, private registered institutions or as a private candidate.
- Only students of Federal Government and private institutions situated within geographical boundaries of Punjab are eligible for consideration of PEEF Scholarship.
- Secured admission in a regular educational institution as s full time student in the current academic year (2017-2018).
- Not availing any other educational scholarship during the academic year
Departments of Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)
- Community medicine
- Forensic medicine
Basic Science Departments
- Endocrinology & Metabolism
- General medicine
- Preventive medicine
- Pulmonology (Chest medicine)
Medicine and Allied Departments
- Cardiac surgery
- Cosmetic surgery
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Pediatric surgery
Surgery and Allied Departments
- Admin Branch.
- Student Section.
- IT Department and
- First online e-library starting in Punjab
Hostel accommodation is available for 500 students at a time. The male students and female student’s hostels are separate. The students who require hostel accommodation will have to fill up the form for it during the time of admission.
Transport is available at the hostel. It leaves at 7.20 a.m for the campus and drops of students back to the hostel at 2.00 p.m and 4.00 p.m.
There are three types of room categories in the hostel and there is an indoor/ outdoor sports room, Medical center, Pick and Drop at the weekend, Internet facility, TV room as well as weekly trips to the market.
Ghazi Khan Medical College has established an E-Library where numerous books are available online for the students. To gain access to the library content the student or staff has to register.
There are different categories of books like:
- ABC Series Books
- Crash, Current & Horrison’s
- Critical Care
- First Aid
- Forensic Medicine
- Oxford Series
- Urological Disorders
Apart from this the campus consists of four main lecture theatres, seven demonstration halls, six science laboratories, two museum, one library, one cafeteria and seven basic medical science departments.
Dr Najeeb Lectures
There are times in medical schools when students find it really hard to keep up with the syllabus. Besides asking the teaching assistants for help, another great option is to video lectures by Dr. Najeeb. Today, students from almost 190 countries use his video in medical schools. Moreover, they are also very popular in Pakistans medical schools. Dr. Najeeb is a great teacher as students usually find that he teaches all the medical concepts effortlessly. Also, his style is basic yet useful. Moreover, he makes sure that a student’s who is watching his video lecture is on the same page with him. To enhance the learning process, Dr. Najeeb draws illustrations step by step. Also, this learning method gives flexibility to your schedule as you can watch and learn with them whenever and wherever you want.
Additionally, the video lectures on Dr. Najeeb Lectures cover all topics of medical and clinical science. The video library has over 800 lectures. Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Neuroanatomy, Embryology, Histology, Immunology and Pathology related videos in details are available in the library. You can have a look at the video library. So subscribe today if you want to end your struggle with tough concepts. However, before signing up for subscription, you can also try video lecture for free. Additionally, check out the reviews of students from other medical universities about Dr. Najeeb’s lectures.
Just as no two human beings can have similar life experiences, no two students can have the same clinical experience. Your experience will be what you make of it. Keep in mind that whatever you learn is not to be forgotten. You are opting for a career that requires retention of knowledge for a lifetime. To look at the short term aspects, what you learn will be there again in your finals, and again during residency when you start treating actual patients. So whatever you learn, make sure you understand it completely now, casual look-ups are fine to jock up your memory when required but if you don’t understand the concept you will have to do it sooner rather than later.
Throughout your life, you will get to meet new and different people. Consider your life at this college as a training for that. Here too, you will meet different kind of people. You will need to learn how to assess a person; it will be for your own good. Avoid trouble and steer clear of bad influencers. Even if you end up having a bad experience with some, do not get your hopes down or isolate yourself, instead consider it a lesson and move on. So, remain focused, perseverance is key, keep our tips in mind, work hard and you will be good to go.
Contact Information of Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)
Address: Jampur Road, Dera Ghazi Khan, Punjab.
Pone Number: +92-64-9260631, +92-64-9260632
Timings: Monday-Saturday: 9am to 5pm