Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)
About Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC) was established by then Chief Minister of Pakistan, Shahbaz Shareef in November, 2010. It is established in in the city of Dera Ghazi Khan which is located in the middle of the four provinces of Pakistan. The College was allotted a land by the government and a budget of Rs. 2 Billion for the completion of the campus. The first batch of the Medical College was admitted in the 2010-11 session where the students were first admitted to Quaid-e-Azam Medical College in Bahawalpur and then after the completion of the campus to DG Khan Medical College. The mission of Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC) to provide an international, culturally diverse environment in which students learn the skills, knowledge and attitude required for post-graduate training in the profession of health. Their aim is to also teach students compassion, patience, curiosity, tolerance and commitment to the society. Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC) also aims to teach students to communicate effectively with patients and their families. Also learn to obtain a complete medical history of the patient, document the patients’ health information in a concise and complete way and to recognize all important and common abnormal clinical findings.
Admission Procedure at Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)For the candidate applying first has to fulfill the eligibility criteria’s which are as follows:
- Candidate applying should have passed exams of F.Sc (Pre-Medical) with at least 60 percent marks from any Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education of Pakistan.
- Candidate who has cleared British examination should have appeared in O level (6 papers) and 3 A level exams of Biology, Chemistry and Physics and cleared all of them.
- Any candidate applying who has attained American or Canadian high school diploma should have certifying formal schooling of 12 years with a minimum CGPA of 3 with their major subjects as Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- All foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an equivalence certificate from Chairman of Inter Board Committee, Islamabad or a fully chartered university.
- Foreign candidates have to appear in SAT-II exam with the subjects Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Physics. The minimum score to be obtained in all three subjects is 550.
- Candidate applying should be not more than 25 years of age and nor less than 17 years.
- Biology – (88 MCQs)
- Chemistry – (58 MCQs)
- English (General) – (30 MCQs)
- Rahim Yar Khan
- G. Khan
- Hasan Abdal
How to Apply?The following procedure is necessary to done correctly otherwise UHS will not accept the forms:
- Only online registration is acceptable. It means application form is not available at any physical place or center etc.
- You have to login and click on the registration button where a form will appear in front of your computer or laptop screens (You can’t use mobiles for this registration).
- Here you have to carefully fill up the form with correct spellings and true information as per your documents (once you have submit the form you will not be allow to edit this form again)
- After clicking the submit button you will see a form serial number which is important for you
- Now get the print out of this filled form and get it at any branch of Bank of Punjab (BOP) anywhere in Punjab province for submission of MDCAT registration fee Rs. 500/-
- When you will submit the fee at BOP you will have to again visit the following button and enter your serial number in “search registration form”. here you will get your roll number slip which you can print out to get it along with you at the day of entry test. (without this roll number slip or admittance card no one will be allow to enter in test center).
Fee Structure of Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)
|DISCIPLINE||DEGREE NAME||DURATION||FEE/ YEAR|
|Medicine- M.B.B.S.||M.B.B.S.||5 years||Rs. 15,630|
Special Quota ScholarshipThe Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) has allocated Special Quota scholarships for students who have passed Matriculation or Intermediate Examination held by Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) or Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) in 2017. These scholarships will be awarded to students fulfilling the following eligibility criteria:
- Scholarships are awarded under following categories:
- Orphan Children
- Children of government servants in BPS 1 – 4 (children of both serving and retired govt. servants are eligible)
- Children belonging to Minority religion
- Special Children
- Children of Civilian Martyred in Terrorist Attacks
- Should have at least 60% marks in Matriculation or Intermediate Examination conducted by Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) or Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE), Islamabad.
- Passed the above mentioned examination from government institutions, private registered institutions or as a private candidate.
- Only students of Federal Government and private institutions situated within geographical boundaries of Punjab are eligible for consideration of PEEF Scholarship.
- Secured admission in a regular educational institution as s full time student in the current academic year (2017-2018).
- Not availing any other educational scholarship during the academic year
Departments of Ghazi Khan Medical College (GKMC)
Basic Science Departments
- Community medicine
- Forensic medicine
Medicine and Allied Departments
- Endocrinology & Metabolism
- General medicine
- Preventive medicine
- Pulmonology (Chest medicine)
Surgery and Allied Departments
- Cardiac surgery
- Cosmetic surgery
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Admin Branch.
- Student Section.
- IT Department and
- First online e-library starting in Punjab
Hostel AccommodationHostel accommodation is available for 500 students at a time. The male students and female student’s hostels are separate. The students who require hostel accommodation will have to fill up the form for it during the time of admission. Transport is available at the hostel. It leaves at 7.20 a.m for the campus and drops of students back to the hostel at 2.00 p.m and 4.00 p.m. There are three types of room categories in the hostel and there is an indoor/ outdoor sports room, Medical center, Pick and Drop at the weekend, Internet facility, TV room as well as weekly trips to the market.
E-LibraryGhazi Khan Medical College has established an E-Library where numerous books are available online for the students. To gain access to the library content the student or staff has to register. There are different categories of books like:
- ABC Series Books
- Crash, Current & Horrison’s
- Critical Care
- First Aid
- Forensic Medicine
- Oxford Series
- Urological Disorders