GMC – Government Medical College, Surat
About GMC – Government Medical College, SuratGMC – Government Medical College, Surat was founded in 1964. The college is affiliated with Veer Narmad South Gujarat University. GMC – Government Medical College, Surat admits 150 students in M.B.B.S. each year and shapes them into successful doctors. The college is spread over a vast area of 130 acres. The institution is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). GMC – Government Medical College, Surat aims to influence society in a positive way by engaging in the pursuit of excellence through creation, preservation, transfer, and application of knowledge. GMC – Government Medical College, Surat commits to achieving the highest standards of intellectual, educational, and research productivity. The institute promotes diversity around the campus through its people, culture, and idea. GMC – Government Medical College, Surat creates an inclusive and supportive university community in which achievements are celebrated and rewarded. Our people have the opportunity to enrich their lives and pursue their goals. Click here to know more about their Official Website. The institutes’ goal is to:
- To train knowledgeable and skillful professionals with high ethical standards who will be dedicated to serve and improve the quality of life of the community
- With the help of innovative technology the institute trains competent professionals
- To strengthen the College as a center of excellence for undergraduate programs
New Civil HospitalNew Civil Hospital, Surat serves as a teaching hospital for GMC – Government Medical College, Surat. It was established in 1963. The hospital started off as a 300 bedded hospital and has grown to 1150 beds capacity. The hospitals serve the needs of nearly 3000 on and average patients on an outdoor basis and on an average 120 to 130 patients are admitted as indoor patients. There are spacious, well-ventilated, and furnished general wards and special A.C. rooms, Outdoor patient department well equipped with a Registration counter having computers, stretcher, wheel chair bay, drinking water & sanitation facilities, and specialty and super-specialty consultation services. Hospital has its own round the clock Ambulance services with well equipped, ultramodern Ambulance vehicles and ‘ICU on Wheels’. To provide the latest health care, Medical education, and research, Hospital is equipped with the most sophisticated, ultramodern, and state of the art- equipment, and instruments & diagnostic services. There are NABL accredited laboratory services encompassing Pathology, Biochemistry, and Microbiology and NABH accredited Blood bank in Immuno-histology and Blood Transfusion department. Hospital has its own nursing college and Physiotherapy College. The ART center of this hospital is awarded the Best ATR center in the state serving the maximum number of patients with its allied PNC Clinic and STI Clinic.
International AffairsGMC – Government Medical College, Surat has signed an MoU during Vibrant Gujarat under Strategic Partnership under Academic Institute/ Universities for Knowledge sharing with three international Universities:
- The University of South Florida, Tampa, USA (during Vibrant Gujarat 2011 and renewed it in Vibrant Gujarat 2019)
- San Diego State University, USA (during Vibrant Gujarat 2015)
- Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, USA (during Vibrant Gujarat 2015)
EligibilityFor a candidate to qualify for application to admission at GMC – Government Medical College, Surat, following are the requirements:
- The candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as of 31st December of the year of the admission.
- Interested students must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as subjects. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination may also apply.
- They must have a total of at least 50% marks altogether, in the above subjects, at a final examination of the Pre University Course or its equivalent. In case the student belongs to Scheduled Castes, Tribes, or other backward Classes, The minimum total marks required in the qualifying exam are 40%.
Admission ProcedureAt the point when an up-and-comer has satisfied all the qualification criteria conditions, they proceed onward to the confirmation procedure. Affirmation is led by means of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). In NEET the applicant needs to score at least half, in any case, understudies of ST/SC/OBC need to score at least 45%. The passage test has 180 MCQs with 4 alternatives to browse. The test is led in 3 hours and the quantity of question per subject is as per the following:
|SUBJECT||NO OF QUESTIONS|
- The most extreme number of imprints a competitor can accomplish is 720.
- For each right answer, the up-and-comer gets 4 imprints and for each off-base answer, the applicant loses one imprint.
- The test must be performed with a dark or blue pen.
- The inquiries from the above subjects are identified with the data the up-and-comer considered in 10+2 levels at school.
- Up-and-comer having higher stamps in Biology, NEET.
- Competitor having higher checks in Chemistry, NEET.
- Competitors more seasoned in age.
Documents RequiredCandidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
DepartmentsThe college has the following departments:
- Forensic Medicine
- OBS & Gynaecology
- TB & Chest
- Burns & Plastic Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
ProgramsThe programs offered are:
- MD Anatomy
- MD Physiology
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Pathology
- MD Microbiology
- MD Pharmacology
- MD Forensic Medicine
- MD Community Medicine
- MS Ophthalmology
- MS ENT
- MD Medicine
- MS Surgery
- MS Obstetrics and Gynecology
- MS Pediatrics
- MD Anesthesiology
- MD Radiology
- MD Pulmonary Medicine
- MD Dermatology
- Emergency Medicine
- MS Orthopedics
- MD Psychiatry
|Doctorate of Medicine [MD]||3 years||42,000|
|Master of Surgery [MS]||3 years||42,000|
|MBBS||5 years 6 months||30,000|
|Post Graduate Diploma||2 years||22,000|
- 00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. all working days Monday to Friday.
- 00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. on Saturday.
- The reading room for students is open 24 hours.
- Lecture Theaters