(GMCN) – Government Medical College, Nagpur
About (GMCN) – Government Medical College, Nagpur:(GMCN) – Government Medical College, Nagpur is the head establishment of Central India. The College was built up in 1947 AD and was initiated by the main leader of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad. The Campus is extended over a region of 196 acres of land. Nagpur turned into a significant community for training by setting up Nagpur University in 1923. C.P.Berar Government had made the course of action for higher medicinal training at G.S. (KEM) Medical College, Mumbai and Nil Ratan Sorcar Medical College, Calcutta. Many people worked untiringly for inspiring this medicinal school to the national level. The name of this school is critically acclaimed when it comes to clinical education and clinical preparation everywhere throughout the world.
Affiliated:The college was affiliated with Nagpur University from 1947 to 1997, and subsequently Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik.
Mission and Objectives:The mission and objectives of Government Medical College, Nagpur are to:
- Provide quality medical education.
- Inspire its students to become excellent healthcare professionals in an environment that fosters academic excellence and promotes research and innovation, thus improving the overall health and well-being of the communities.
- Promote outcome-based medical education and integrate learning outcomes into the scheme of studies.
- Have the most experienced and qualified faculty.
- Achieve quality assurance by following codified and laid-down procedures.
- Encourage research in the field of Medicine and Allied Sciences.
- Develop competent health care leaders by ensuring appropriate policies, procedures that reflect ethical, cultural, community orientated and evidence-based practices to achieve the best possible health outcomes for society at large.
- Have state-of-the-art laboratories and sophisticated workplaces.
Campus and Location of Government Medical College, Nagpur:Government Medical College Nagpur has only one campus located at the following location: ADDRESS: Hanuman Nagar, Ajni Rd, Medical Chowk, Ajni, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440003, India PHONE: +91 712 274 3588
- Bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (BPMT)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General medicine
- Skin and V.D
- Forensic medicine
- Respiratory medicine
- General surgery
- Master in Occupation Therapy (MOT) Duration: 2 years
- Medicinal laboratory technology
- B and Chest
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Child Health
- Public Health
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 with Science stream from a recognized Board are eligible to get admission in any UG and Diploma program.
- Admission to MBBS and other program is given through NEET or MHCET and to other UG program is given based on candidate’s merit in the qualifying examination.
- Students who hold MBBS or its equivalent degree are eligible to get admission to PG programs.
- The selection of the candidates for admission to the MS/ MD program is done based on their rank obtained in NEET-PG or PGCET/PGAIEE and admission to other PG programs is given on merit basis on the qualifying exam.
Admission Criteria of Government Medical College, Nagpur:To take admission in all India medical colleges for UG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Score|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy [BPT]||1,00,800/-|
|Bachelor of Science [B.Sc.]||39,200|
|Bachelor of Dental Science [BDS]||1,94,000|
|Doctorate of Medicine [MD]||1,73,000/-|
|Diploma in Medical||50,000/-|
|Master in OT(Occupational Therapist)||50,000/-|
|Master of Chirurgiae [M.Ch]||1,75,600/-|
|Master of Science [M.Sc.]||50,000/-|
|Master of Science [M.Sc.]||1,58,000/-|
|Diploma in Paramedical||1,41,800|
- Visit the website of the Medical Counseling Committee
- Login to your account with your NEET-UG “Roll number” and “password”.
- Select colleges and courses as per your preference.
- Cross-check your choice and then lock it.
- Take out the print of the locked choices (to be used during the admission process).
- Pay the admission fee after the allotment of the seat at the assigned college either in cash or through DD.
- Candidates shall visit the website of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC).
- Log in to the previously generated account with your Roll number and password.
- Fill up the application form.
- Fill the choices and lock it after confirmation.
- Submit it online and get the print out for future reference.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- High School/ Higher Secondary Certificate/ Birth Certificate.
- NEET PG Admit Card.
- Rank Letter.
- MBBS Mark Sheets.
- MBBS Degree Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI or State Medical Council.
- Identity Proof.
- Category Certificate
|Entrance name||Application start date||Application end date||Exam date|
|NEET UG||18th February 2019||12 March 2019||6th May 2019|
|NEET PG||26th September 2018||27th November 2018||7th January 2019|
Facilities at Government Medical College, Nagpur:
Library:The library allows you to learn every side of a subject from studies all around the world and (GMCN) – Government Medical College, Nagpur provides its students with that. The library is a two-story building having an area of 4000 sq. ft. The first floor has separate halls for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The reading room is open 24 hours. In addition to thiss, the library has 38,726 books and 16,000 bound journals. Every year around 112 journals are purchased. 2,700 thesis are available in the library. Books issuing and receiving time is 10 Am to 10 PM.
Hostel:The hostel facility is available for the students and is made to their best comfort. It consists of a developed infrastructure containing all the equipment for their student’s convenience. There is a hostel cafeteria, and cleaning staff as well as support staff at their student’s disposal for maximum help and comfort.
Canteen:The canteen provides a variety of foods to its students and staff and also takes great care of hygiene. As they are aware that nourishment is the basic need of each person. So they encourage their students for good and more advantageous nourishment and make sure their students find such food available at their canteen facility.
Hospital:Government Medical College Hospital (GMCH) is located next to the college. Because of this, they provide their students with a unique opportunity of practicing medicine at their facility under specialists. They also provide students with medical facilities.
Transport:Transport buses are available to students that pick and drop them to the college from their respective locations. Fee is quite reasonable as well.
After Getting Admission into (GMCN) – Government Medical College, Nagpur:It is difficult getting into medical schools. One burns the midnight oil to arrive at their maximum capacity to be qualified enough to become a part of this field. One in a million chances that you have gotten into one, at that point now you ought to be extremely proud of yourself. You have devoted your life to helping humankind which implies that you have a humble heart. After getting admission, being consistent in your studies is a bigger issue than one can ever imagine. To take care of all this besides other things can be massively tiring. So we are here to assist you in such a manner that you can plan your life and accomplish more prominent benefits. Here are some tips for you to efficiently use your time throughout your time in Government Medical College, Nagpur:
Time is money:
- Always develop a Schedule:
- Consistency is important:
- Worry about distractions:
- Arrange everything:
- Pre-Exam Study Strategy:
- Rest is Necessary: