(KMC) – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
ABOUTKasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore was started in 1955 and initially it utilized the clinical facilities of the Government Wenlock Hospital and Government Lady Goschen Hospital. The Medical College became an independent unit in 1977. The college is recognized by the Medical Council of India, General Medical Council of Great Britain and the Malaysian Medical Council. Click here to know more about (KMC) – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. (KMC) – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore has the honor of being in the top 25 Medical Colleges in India. The college has state of the art infrastructure which is comparable to international standards with seven big air-conditioned lecture halls fitted with modern audio-visual teaching aids including multi-media projectors and a modern, fully air-conditioned library with a seating capacity of about 500, and with internet facility. KMCs’ method to instill knowledge in their students is built around the success of their students, in school and as physicians. They start providing them with clinical experience of the basic medical science terms from day one, at their affiliated teaching hospital. They always focus on patient-centric medicine. At (KMC) – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, the faculty keeps evolving and growing the proven methods for success through early clinical exposure. The results of Kasturba Medical College speak for themselves, with a list of approvals that keeps growing, a strong residency match rate, and very high student satisfaction.
OUR MISSIONAt (KMC) – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, the mission statement is: educate physicians to meet all the health care needs of patients within both the current and future healthcare systems. They strive to help future physicians to reach their full potential through research, teaching, and community service, with a goal of improving access to quality healthcare and enhancing the health status of residents.
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 / A level / IB / American 12th grade or any equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English as majors from a recognized board.
- The applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in all the science subjects combined of the qualifying examination.
- The lower age limit is of 17 years on the 31st December of the year of admission.
- Foreign applicants are required to submit the following:
- A No Objection Certificate from the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- ‘Equivalence Certificate’ from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi who will equate their qualifications as equivalent to the 10+2 of India.
- A Student Visa.
- A Residential Certificate.
- The selection of candidates is solely conducted on the basis of the valid rank obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 and through centralized common counseling conducted by DGHS.
ADMISSION TESTThe admission test for Kasturba Medical College is conducted through National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) which is three hours long and all questions are objective. The paper consists of Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology and is conducted in English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu. The question distribution is as follows:
|SUBJECT||NO. OF QUESTIONS|
- Each question is worth four marks and so the paper is of 720 marks. There is negative marking as well, for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted. Negative marking will also be done with one question will have multiple answers.
APPLICATION PROCEDUREKasturba Medical College conducts its application process through online mode. However, the candidates planning to take admission in MBBS/ MD/ MS/ M.Sc. and PG Diploma must register online for NEET (UG) and KCET exams on the respective official websites. Candidates seeking admission in Kasturba Medical College must follow the given steps to apply: Candidates can apply by both online and offline mode. Candidates need to follow following steps:
- Visit the official site of (KMC) – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore and click on Apply Now.
- You will be directed to the Manipal University website.
- Register yourself and fill the application form.
- Pay the application fees of INR 600 and INR 1400 (entrance fees, if applicable) by online mode through credit card/debit card/net banking
- Metric mark sheet
- Metric certificate
- 10+2 mark sheet
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
- NEET (UG) Admit Card (for MBBS)
- NEET (PG) Admit Card (For MD/ MS)
- MU-OET Admit Card (For M.Sc./ PG Diploma)
- B.B.S. mark sheet (for MD/ MS)
- B.B.S. degree (for MD/ MS)
- Bachelor’s degree (MBBS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ B.Pharm/ BPT/ BDS/ B.Sc. Nursing ) Mark Sheet (For M.Sc./ PG Diploma)
- Bachelor’s degree (For M.Sc./ PG Diploma)
- Registration as Medical Practitioner
- Colored photographs 5 (4 passport sized and 1 stamp sized)
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology
- General Medicines
- Forensic Medicine
- Hospital Administration
- Community Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medical Microbiology
- Medical Anatomy
- Medical Physiology
- Medical Pharmacology
- PG Diploma:
- Clinical Pathology
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Child Health
FEE STRUCTUREKasturba Medical College offers postgraduate, diploma and doctorate programs in the fields of science, medicine, and pharmacy. The tuition fee for the major programs is given below:
- The tuition fee for all M.Sc programs is INR 109,000 (1st year) and INR 1,199,000 (2nd year).
- The tuition fee for the MBBS program is INR 1,124,000 (1st year) and INR 1,114,000 per annum for the rest of the years.
- The tuition fee for MD (Pharmacology) is INR 1,125,000 per annum.
SCHOLARSHIPSThe MBBS program is being offered by MAHE through its constituent premier institutions, Kasturba Medical College (KMC) at Mangalore, The following scholarships are offered to top performing students in NEET examinations, admitted to MBBS programs at Mangalore.
FREESHIPCandidates who have secured NEET all India Overall Rank within 2,000 for MBBS and NEET all India Overall Rank within 7,500 for BDS courses are eligible for the free ship. Candidates are required to pay the appropriate first year course fee including refundable Caution Deposit of Rs. 10,000/- at the time of Reporting. The excess amount paid shall be refunded after the reporting is over for all the rounds.
MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIPCandidates with NEET all India Overall Rank 2,001 to 5,000 for MBBS course and Rank 7,501 to 15,000 for BDS course are eligible for merit-cum-means scholarship. Scholarship amount shall be determined based on the parents’ annual income (from all sources) as below
|Annual income of parents||Scholarship on course fee|
|Up to Rs. 3 lakhs||100%|
|Above Rs. 3 lakhs, up to Rs. 5 lakhs||90%|
|Above Rs. 5 lakhs, up to Rs. 7.5 lakhs||75%|
|Above Rs. 7.5 lakhs, up to Rs. 10 lakhs||50%|
|Above Rs. 10 lakhs, up to Rs. 12.5 lakhs||25%|
|Above Rs. 12.5 lakhs||10%|
- Candidates need to pay a minimum of Rs. 10,000/- or Course Fee after deducting scholarship amount, whichever is higher.
- In addition, all the candidates are required to pay refundable Caution Deposit of Rs. 10,000/-.
- Candidates are required to pay the full first year course fee at the time of Reporting.
- Candidates should also produce Notary attested photocopy of the Income Tax (IT) return form for Assessment Year 2019 -2020 for proof of parents’ income, before 31 Aug 2019.
- List of students eligible for scholarships, will be published by 15 Sep 2019.
- The excess amount paid shall be refunded, after the finalization of eligible candidate list.
- The free ship & merit-cum-means Scholarship seats taken together is limited to 5% of the general category intake and will cover only the course fee payable for the particular course of study. The candidate will however be required to pay the appropriate first year course fee (excluding scholarship amount).
- This scholarship will NOT cover the expenses such as hostel accommodation, books etc.
- The award of free ship & merit-cum-means scholarship for the subsequent years will be same as given at the time of admission in the first year.
- The percentage of scholarship amount will be constant throughout the course duration, irrespective of changes in income group.
- Continuation of scholarship for subsequent years will be based on academic performance of the students in the university exam as per the University rules
- Minimum 65% marks (in aggregate) in a system of awarding marks
- Minimum CGPA of 3 in a 4 point grading system
- Minimum CGPA of 8 in a 10 point grading system
KMC HOSPITALKMC Hospital which is located in Ambedkar Circle and is backed up by a team of some of the best doctors in India, qualified nursing, paramedical staff, state-of-the-art equipment and a 250-bed inpatient facility, KMC Hospital provides specialized medical services and tertiary care at affordable cost. KMC Laboratories Services has been accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) since 2009. KMC Hospital Blood Bank has been accredited by NABH for Blood Bank since 2009. KMC Hospital Blood Bank was the first to be recognized as Zonal blood testing center for HIV by the Director General of Health Services, New Delhi and the Karnataka State Aids Prevention Society. The Blood Bank conducts at least 30 to 35 voluntary blood donation camps every year. KMC Hospital was the first to set up Dialysis Center in Mangalore. The fully air–conditioned dialysis center with 23 units also has exclusive facility for HCV/HbsAg positive patients.
- Department of Anaesthesiology
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Emergency Medicine
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Gastroenterology
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Orthopaedics
- Department of Otorhinolaryngology
- Department of Paediatrics
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Pulmonary Medicine
- Department of Radiodiagnosis & Imaging
- Department of Radiation Oncology
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Urology