Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC)
About Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC)
Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) named after Khawaja Muhammad Safdar the father of current political leader of PML(N) “Khawaja Muhammad Asif”, is located in Sialkot, Punjab, Pakistan. Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College was established in 2008 with the sanction of PKR 450 Million. KMSMC with its associated teaching hospitals; Allama Iqbal Memorial Hospital and Sardar Begum Memorial Hospital, is a medical institute to teach and train doctors and provide medical and healthcare facilities to the citizens of the country, particularly in and around Sialkot
Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) Motto:
The motto of Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) is “success through perseverance”
Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) Oath:
- I pledge solemnly to use all my efforts to acquire the knowledge, skills, attitude and behaviors required for the practice of medicine.
- I will respect all my teachers and seniors who help and guide me in learning the art and practice of medicine.
- I will be kind and respectful to all my patients, their relatives and the ward staff looking after them, during clinical achievements.
- I pledge to assist my fellow students in meeting their professional obligations and foster respect and tolerance.
- I will scrupulously abide by medical ethics, and will be kind to all the living beings used for learning purposes. I will protect and preserve the college building and installations etc.
- I will cultivate the virtues of integrity, honesty, compassion, courage and self-sacrifice in myself and in my colleagues.
- Today is the first step in a lifetime of learning, and the white coat I don will remind me of the promises, I made today I will up hold the sanctity of this white coat as insignia of medical profession.
- I affirm this day before Almighty and my teachers in medicine that I will be true to this pledge. God help me to keep the promises I have made. (Amen).
- Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) is recognized by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and is listed by the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research.
The following organizations are affiliated with Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC):
- Allama Iqbal Memorial Hospital, Sialkot
- Sardar Begum Memorial Hospital, Sialkot
For admission in MBBS, total of 100 seats are available.
The eligibility for applying in Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) is as follows:
- All those candidates who have 60% or higher marks in FS.C Pre-Medical (Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English) are eligible to apply.
Candidates need to appear in the entry test conducted by the University of Health Sciences (UHS), Lahore i.e MDCAT.
The question paper for the Test shall be based on the common core syllabus notified by the University. The syllabus is available at UHS website.
- Exam Pattern
- The test shall consist of one paper containing 220 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) – four options with single best answer- divided into Four (04) sections, namely:
(i) Biology (88 MCQs)
(ii) Chemistry (58 MCQs)
(iii) Physics (44 MCQs)
(iv) English (General for language proficiency) (30 MCQs)
- The duration of Test shall be 150 minutes (2½ hours).
- There shall be Negative Marking in the test. For each correct answer, five (05) marks will be awarded to a candidate and for each incorrect answer one (01) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- No mark will be deducted on not attempting a question.
- As per the regulations of PM&DC, there shall be no pass marks in the Test, i.e., no candidate shall be declared pass or fail in the Test. Instead, total marks obtained by a candidate in the Test shall be declared.
Weightage of the Test
In accordance with the regulations of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC), the merit of a candidate for the purpose of admission shall be worked out by adding the marks of different examinations in the following ratio:
SSC or Equivalent – 10%
HSSC/F.Sc. or Equivalent – 40%
Admission Test – 50%
- Procedure to apply
- A candidate can apply for the MDCAT 2018 only online by logging on to the Bank of Punjab web link.
- A candidate can apply using a desktop computer or laptop but not mobile phone.
- On clicking the “Register” button, a simple application form will appear which the candidate is required to fill.
- After filling his/her particulars, the candidate will be asked to upload his/her latest color photograph that should be not more than 2 months old (not more than 2MB file).
- After completely filling the form, the candidate should have a “Preview” of his/her application.
- The candidate can submit his/her application by clicking the “Submit” It must be noted that the candidate cannot edit his/her application once it has been submitted. The candidates are, therefore, advised to carefully go through their application before submission.
- Upon successful submission, the candidate will be assigned a “Unique Application Serial Number “(e.g., UHS-123456789). The candidate should note that number as it will be used in future for accessing the submitted application and the Admittance Card issued by the Bank.
- The candidate should get a print of the filled application form by clicking “Download & Print” button.
- If the facility of downloading and printing is not available at that time, the candidate can access his/her application any other time by clicking “Search Registration” button after entering his/her Unique Application Serial Number” or CNIC/B-Form/Passport number.
Required Academic Qualifications
- The candidate has passed the Intermediate Science (HSSC/F.Sc.) Examination (Pre-Medical Group) securing at least 60% (660/1100) un adjusted (excluding the marks of Hifz-e-Quran, etc.) marks from a Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan.
- The candidate has passed any other examination (e.g., A-Level, 12th Grade, I.B., etc.) of a foreign university or examining body, with the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics, declared as compulsory by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, and which, in scope and standard, is found equivalent, upon certification by the Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Pakistan, to the Intermediate Science (HSSC/F.Sc.) of Pakistan, with at least 60% or 660/1100
- No extra credit shall be given for qualifications higher than HSSC or equivalent.
- In case of foreign qualifications, the candidate must have passed HSSC equivalent examinations with the subjects of Biology and Chemistry. The study group mentioned by IBCC on his/her equivalence certificate shall have no effect on the eligibility for admission.
- A candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination, i.e., HSSC, 12th Grade or equivalent examination in the current year and whose result is still awaited, may apply and sit the said test but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required percentage of marks as given in the Prospectus at the time of submission of Admission Form.
Documents required for the submission of forms at Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College are given below:
- Affidavit/ Surety Bond (Sample attached) (Rs. 100 in Original)
- Matric Certificate (Original)
- Sc. Certificate (Original)
- Provisional Character Certificate (last institution) (Original)
- Entry Test Result Card ( Original)
- Vaccination (Tetanus, MMR, Hepatitis B) Sample attached (Original)
- Domicile ( original)
- Migration Certificate ( original)
- I.C. or B- form (Student & Guardian) (Copy)
- Photographs [3 x 3 (6 Nos.), 2.00 x 2.5 (6 Nos.)]
Students are advised to provide at least Eight (08) photocopy Sets (Attested) of the above mentioned documents along with File Cover.
The main departments of the institute consists of
- Forensic Medicine
- General Medicine
- Community Medicine
Life at Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC)
In the range of your course at Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC), you not only get the opportunity to encounter first rate medical studies but you also get an opportunity to explore Sialkot. Talking about college, faculty is experienced and renowned. University has set high priority to research, development and innovations. It has fully equipped laboratories.
The Library of the institution is well equipped with all modern facilities according to the HEC criteria. It has a collection of text books & reference books on all disciplines of Health Sciences. Text book service is available in the library. A general books section of literary books is available for students. Some other facilities available in library are daily newspapers, E. books and E. Journals.
- Dress Code
It is important that doctors dress in line with the expectation of the public in general, patients and your families in particular, by developing simplicity and respectability in general attire. Students must be at all times dress up properly & wear white coats & identity card.
The college hostel is within walking distance from college. There is a facility of internet in the hostel. Visitor rooms are also available in the hostel. Well maintained cafeteria cater to the nutritional requirements of students. Water purification plants are functional round the clock in College and hostel. Hostel Committee is responsible for the hostel affairs headed by the wardens and housekeepers. There are some special rules for female students which are given below:
Parents or guardians are required to send a signed list of relatives who may visit their daughter. Students may receive authorized visitors from 02:30 PM to 04:30 PM. All applications for leave must be submitted to the warden, 24 hours before the date of leave. All students are required to take meals in the dining room. No student shall cook food in her room or bring food to her room. Girls are not allowed to wear objectionable dress e.g. Caprice, Sleeveless shirts, Moving around without scarf or dupatta. Girls should be inside the hostel building by 08:00 PM. No roaming around in the hostel lawns/ Corridors after 08:00 PM. Screaming, howling and indecent behavior is strictly prohibited in the hostel premises. All amusement activities should be restricted to the common room. The food deliveries from outside the hostel are allowed till 08:00 PM only. All students must manage buying their personal goods/ foods on their own. Hostel servants are not allowed to go outside the premises for this purpose. Students are not allowed to indulge in any activity in their rooms after midnight, other than studying. Roll call can be taken any time after 08:00 PM. Hostel warden can inspect the rooms any time during day and night.
Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) has modern and well equipped laboratories in the campus to facilitate students with in depth study of their respective fields. Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) not only focuses on theoretical study but practical study is under great concern.
Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) in spite of the efforts of students in studies, do contribute to the sports and games. The institute conducts many awareness, extension and scientific activities. It also conducts many cultural programs. Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) provides great facilities for the indoor sports as well.
Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) also has wireless internet connection all over campus for students to attain knowledge of the material they did not understand in class. For difficult times like these internet provides students with medical lectures of Dr. Najeeb.
Dr Najeeb Lectures
Every student has been through those times where you truly have to teach yourself due to various reasons. Time clashes, bad delivery from the lecturer, inability to understand a topic sufficiently etc. A super easy way to overcome this hurdle is to watch Dr. Najeeb Lectures. Dr. Najeeb is a Pakistani online medical specialist and one of the most popular internet based teachers in the World. Being a MBBS student if you have not learned from his lectures you have not gained the whole experience. His website contains more than 800 medical videos. His lectures cover all major medical topics like Neuroanatomy, Embryology, Genetics, Dentistry, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Pharmacy and Nursing. He has around 200 Million students in 160 nations and has been watched 100 Million times.
Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College (KMSMC) Graduates
Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College has been training students from all over the Pakistan for last 8 years. Many notable alumni is making their state and institute proud by doing remarkable work in their fields.