Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)
About Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) is a government medical college which is affiliated with the University of Delhi, India. It was established in 1958. The university has been named after the Indian freedom fighter as well as India’s first education minister, Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad. It is located in New Delhi, India, and is ranked the 3rd best medical university in India. From day one MAMC starts providing their students with clinical experience of what they are being taught through the universities affiliated hospitals. Their goal is not only to make doctors but to provide passionate doctors to the country whose first priority is always the patients’ health. MAMC helps students identify which medical field they will best excel at and help reach their full potential.
Eligibility for Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)Students applying for MAMC should qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) in which students should score 50% aggregate and 40% in case of SC, ST, or OBC.
Eligibility Criteria For Appearing In MBBS
- Candidates must have completed 17 years of education and should be Indian National.
- The upper age limit for all candidates is 25 except for candidates that belong to SC/ ST/ OBC.
- Candidates should have appeared and passed in the examination of Chemistry, English, Physics, and Biotechnology/ Biology in the 11th and 12th years of their education.
- Candidates who appeared for their 12 class examination through open learning are not eligible.
NEET Examination Pattern
|SECTION||NO. OF QUESTIONS|
- Only black or blue pens are to be used in the examination.
- For every correct answer, +4 marks will be awarded and for every incorrect answer, -1 mark will be awarded.
- The maximum marks that can be obtained are 720.
Admission Procedure of Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)When the student has appeared and cleared the NEET test then the merit list is prepared by the Faculty of Medicine and Sciences, Delhi University. After the merit list is prepared and still some seats are vacant only then Delhi NCR candidates and candidates outside Delhi are considered by the panel. After making it on the merit list, students are allotted different seats in counseling where they will be asked to produce their certificates, desired documents, NEET scores, admit cards, and will then be guided about the university curriculum and completion of admission procedure. For further information visit their official website www.mamc.ac.in
Fee Structure of Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)
- Tuition and other fees: 700
- Annual charges: 1220
- Caution money: 2000
|COURSES||AVERAGE MBBS FEES/ YEAR|
|DOCTORATE OF MEDICINE (M.D)||Rs 11,500|
|MASTER OF SURGERY (M.S.)||Rs 10,900|
|MASTER OF SCIENCE (MS)||Rs 11,000|
Affiliations of Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)
- It is affiliated with the University of Delhi.
- Attached to it are three hospitals:
- Lok Nayak Hospital.
- GB Pant Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research.
- Maulana Azad Institute of Dental sciences and Guru Nanak Eye Center.
MAMC Campus LifeThe campus is a beautiful building with every facility imaginable for the students, from the library to top-notch hostel facilities as well as sports facilities. The campus also provides the best PhD professors and many other various methods of learning.
HostelsMAMC provides state of the art hostels for undergraduates and postgraduates. For undergraduate students, girls and boys have separate hostels and good management and cleaning is always their top priority. These are the following hostels: Undergraduates hostels
- Girls Hostel 1
- Old Girls Hostel
- New Girls Hostel
- Women intern hostel
- Boys hostel 1
- Old Boys Hostel
- Boys Intern Hostel
- PG Men’s Hostel
- New Girls Hostel (Women)
- Old Resident Doctors Hostel (Men)
- New Resident Doctors Hostel (Men & Women)
- Lok Nayak Resident Doctors Hostel (Women)