(MCH) – Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
About (MCH) – Medical College and Hospital KolkataThe historical backdrop of (MCH) – Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata denotes the start of therapeutic training in India. It was set up in the year 1835 as Medical College, Bengal. This was the second college to teach European medicine in Asia. From that point forward medicinal school has been advancing in each space and is all around perceived at the national and worldwide level for greatness in restorative training, examine work, and patient consideration. Consistently 250 college understudies join this foundation to get their MBBS degree. The College likewise offers postgraduate and postdoctoral courses in the vast majority of the expansive claim to fame and super forte branches. Understudies of nursing and paramedical courses are additionally prepared in this establishment under a solitary umbrella. Currently, this college is affiliated and approved by:
- Newly established West Bengal University of Health Sciences
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Missions and Objectives of Medical College and Hospital Kolkata(MCH) – Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata has a rich history of spearheading medicinal advancements. (MCH) – Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata targets enhancing their understudies with immense information of medicinal sciences so they are prepared for each challenge in the field by dazzling on their students with the following standards:
- To change medical education scenario and health care delivery systems, along with the growth and development in information, communication technology, and medical education.
- To train native youths irrespective of caste and creed.
- We aim is to make our students competent, confident, self-reliant, and lifelong learners.
- We lay emphasis on developing the right kind of attitude and human approach in treating the sick and needy.
- Our purpose is to provide the best facilities to the students and to prepare them for the challenges of tomorrow so that when they graduate out of the institutions they are competent to handle the responsibilities of the medical profession.
Campuses and LocationThere is a single campus of (MCH) – Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata located at the following location:
- (MCH) – Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata, 88, College St, College Square, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
Post-graduateMaster of Surgery (M.S):
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General medicine
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology
- Clinical immunology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Eligibility criteriaFor a candidate to qualify for application to the admission of (MCH) – Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata; following are the requirements:
- Candidate should have passed 12th class under the 10+2 system of education or an equivalent examination from a recognized Board/University.
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from any institution recognized by the Indian Nursing
- Candidates must possess a valid MBBS degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), and have an MBBS degree or provisional certificate to that effect.
- Completion of the rotatory internship on or before March 31, 2020.
- Provisional or permanent medical registration certificate issued by MCI or a State Medical Council. This must be carried on the day of the exam and during admission.
- Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. Only candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to study MBBS from Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring this.
- Merit in the NEET PG
Admission criteriaThe admission shall be on the basis of the WB PG MAT/NEET PG ranking. Mode of Application: Online Mode of Payment: Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card NBE will release the NEET PG 2020 application form in the online mode in the first week of November 2019. Candidates can check the various steps of the application process of NEET PG 2020 here-
- Fill the registration form for obtaining User ID and Password
- User ID and password will be then, sent through SMS and Email
- Fill the application form – Personal Details, Qualification Details (MBBS / Primary Medical Qualification details, Internship Details, SMC/MCI Registration Details), Test Center Details
- Upload a recent passport size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) and signature (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) signature
- Choose test city
- Make a payment of fees in the online mode through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Take a print out of the filled application form with a transaction ID printed on it.
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Mobile No.
- Email address
- Testing City
- Category of the candidate
|General, OBC||Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 3750|
|SC, ST||Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 2750|
|ST, General, SC, OBC||PWD||Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 2750|
MBBS1st year: 15,520 INR 2nd year: 9,000 INR 3rd year: 9,000 INR 4th year: 9,000 INR 5th year: 9000 INR Total: 51,520 INR
MS1st year: 24,000 INR 2nd year: 12,000 INR 3rd year: 12,000 INR Total: 48,000 INR
MD1st year: 24,000 INR 2nd year: 12,000 INR 3rd year: 12,000 INR Total: 48,000 INR
DM1st year: 24,000 INR 2nd year: 12,000 INR 3rd year: 12,000 INR Total: 48,000 INR
M.Ch1st year: 20,000 INR 2nd year: 4,500 INR 3rd year: 4,500 INR Total: 29,000 INR
Postgraduate diplomaTotal: 19,000 INR
ScholarshipStudents may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Application ProcessContenders searching for affirmation in changed degree and declaration activities offered by (MCH) – Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata ought to select and appear in the individual tests. To apply for (MCH) – Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata the up-and-comer should seek after the going with propels:
- Visit the foundation to get their arrangement nearby the application structure by paying the application cost.
- Fill in the structure mindfully and see the courses one is attempting to get admitted to.
- Attach the fundamental records with the structure.
- Submit the completed structure to the assertions office.
UndergraduateCandidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rdPart II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counseling Registration Certificate of West Bengal Medical Counseling Committee (WBMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
|NEET 2020 Application Form Release date||2nd December 2019|
|Last date NEET 2020 Application Submission||31st December 2019|
|NEET Admit Card 2020 issued||27th March 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam date||3rd May 2019|
|NEET 2020 Result Announcement||4th June 2020|
- Age Limit – Candidates who have attained 17 years of age are eligible for this exam. There is no upper age limit for NEET 2020 as per an interim order of the Supreme Court.
- Educational Qualification – Candidates who have completed or appearing in class 12th with a minimum of 5 subjects including English, Chemistry, Physics as compulsory subjects can apply. Candidates of distance learning or private students and those who have Biology as an additional subject are also eligible for the exam.
- Minimum Percentage Required – General candidates should score a minimum of 50%, general PwD – 45%, OBC/SC/ST – 45%, and OBC/SC/ST PWD – 40%.
- Number of Attempts – There is no limit on the number of attempts for NEET 2020. Candidates can appear for the exam as many times as they want.
Boys HostelThe school has a kid’s inn office which gives great inn settlement to the understudies.
Girls hostelThe school has a young lady’s inn office provided with the best facilities and accommodation.
Medicinal/HOSPITALThe school has the medicinal office for all. Its available 24 hours.
GYMThe school has Gym office for the understudies. Separate for both boys and girls and available at all times, an initiative from our side for their better health.
LIBRARYThe Library of Medical College set up circuitous 1839 is viewed as the most established Medical Library in British India.
SPORTSThe school has sports offices for all understudies. There are various sports for both boys and girls to provide them with extra-curricular activities, a break from the monotonous routine to refresh their minds and body.
I.T INFRASTRUCTUREThe school has a great IT Infrastructure office for the understudies. It consists of many labs to provide our students with the best technological tools for help in their studies.
AuditoriumThe school has a hall office for occasions and workshops. It’s a place where students can create their own events, something to provide back to their fellow students.
CAFETERIAThere are two Canteens inside the grounds of (MCH) – Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata for understudies, instructors, specialists, staff, patients, persistent gatherings. One of the containers is on the primary floor of the ‘New Hostel Building’ and another on the ground floor of the ‘Ratri Nibas Building. There are a sufficient number of approved tea, espresso & snacks corners inside the grounds, Moreover, for all lodging dwelling understudies of the school, the Mess office in each inn is promptly accessible. Some Other facilities offered are:
- Students Placement
- College Student’s Council
- Shuttle service
- A/C Classrooms
- Computer lab
- OPD-Indoor Services
- Accident & Emergency Department
- Diagnostic Services
- Blood BankRegional Cancer Center
- ICUs Super Specialty Centre
- Drug de-addiction & Treatment Centre
- 24 Hour Help Line
- Biotechnology Facilities
- Community Health Centre