NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC)
NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC) was established in 2000 in Mangalagiri, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is the first Medical Science University in Andhra Pradesh which offers both; undergraduate (Bachelors) and graduate (Masters) courses in Medical Sciences. The university provides 150 seats for undergraduate programs, 93 for postgraduate programs and 20 for PG Diploma programs. NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC) is affiliated to NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC) seeks to build upon the attributes of each student by promoting the acquisition of knowledge and skills in Clinical practice, Health care policy and Community health. It also provides Medical education and research with opportunities for the individualization of academic programs based upon unique interests. Along with being taught in lecture rooms for broader view; students will practice algorithms for individual patients or population. NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC) will also make the students practice techniques that develop self-directed learning skills. To know more about NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC) visit their Official Website.
Students applying for NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC) should qualify for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) in which students should score 50% aggregate and 40% in case of SC, ST or OBC.
Eligibiity Criteria for Appearing in MBBS
- Candidates must have completed 17 years of education and should be Indian National.
- The upper age limit for all candidates is 25 except for candidates that belong to SC/ ST/ OBC.
- Candidates should have appeared and passed in examination of Chemistry, English, Physics and Bio technology/ Biology in 11th and 12th year of their education.
- Candidates who appeared for their 12th class examination through open learning are not eligible.
NEET Examination Pattern
Number of Questions
- Only black or blue pens are to be used in the examination.
- For every correct answer +4 marks will be awarded and for every incorrect answer -1 mark will be awarded.
- Maximum marks that can be obtained are 720.
After the NEET examination takes place, a merit list is prepared and students are chosen according to their merit number. However, if two or more students have equal scores in NEET, preference will be given to
- Candidate having higher marks in Biology, NEET.
- Candidate having higher marks in Chemistry, NEET.
- Candidate older in age.
Students who are selected after the NEET examination scores then are given a schedule of NEET counseling in which they are guided about the subjects being offered in NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC) and how to complete the admission process. However, for this, NEET counseling, some documents are required:
- 10th class examination mark sheet and certificate.
- HSC examination mark sheet and certificate.
- NEET admit card and score sheet.
- Course and Conduct certificate.
- Caste certificate for candidates seeking SC/ ST/ OBC quota.
Duration in Years
Total Fee in ₹
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Medical laboratory Technology)
Doctorate of Medicine [M.D]
Master of Surgery [M.S.]
Master of Chirurgiae ]M.CH]
Post Graduate Diploma
- M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science)
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. Medical Lab Technology (MLT)
- Post Graduate Diploma
- Post Graduate Diploma in Anesthesiology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Bio Chemistry
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy
- Post Graduate Diploma in General Medicine
- M.D. (Doctor of Medicine)
- Doctor of Medicine in Anesthesiology
- Doctor of Medicine in Biochemistry
- Doctor of Medicine in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy
- Doctor of Medicine in General Medicine
- M.S. (Master of Surgery)
- Master of Surgery in ENT
- Master of Surgery in General Surgery
- Master of Surgery in Orthopaedics
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology (DMLT)
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Assistant Course (DOA)
- Diploma in Optometry Technician Course
- Diploma in Perfusion Technician
NRI Academy of Sciences consists of a small consortium of 32 doctors from USA. They provide affordable health care to needy people of the society with no profit. The hospital consists of the following departments:
- DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING
- TB and CHEST
- GENERAL SURGERY
- E N T
- ARTIFICIAL LIMB CENTER
- TRANSFUSION MEDICINE & IMMUNO HAEMATOLOGY
- DENTAL CLINIC
The college and hospital consists of 10,00,000 square feet comprising of 8 buildings. The campus has green beautiful lawns which are mowed to perfection. NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC) does not only focus on educational growth of their students but also greatly emphasizes on participating in extra circular activities such as sports or any other events that take place throughout the year.
The library is sprawled over 3,200 square feet of land occupying four floors. It has a seating capacity of about 860 and is fully air conditioned as well. The library has a huge collection of 15,600 books with 85 Indian journals, 52 foreign journals along with the access to E-Journals. The library has computers along with internet service, CDs and Cassettes related to almost all Medical Science subjects. There are separate reading facilities for staff, students as well as doctors of the hospital.
On working days the library is open from 8.30AM till 10.00PM and on Public holidays and Sundays it is open from 10.00AM till 5.00PM.
It is compulsory for every student to stay in the hostel.
- 1st and 3rd Saturday shopping both boys and girls.
- 2nd and 4th Sunday trip per movies for both boys and girls.
- Hostel Main Gate will be closed by 10:15 pm sharply.
Hostel Charged (Without Mess)
Type of Accomodation
Amount Per Year
A/c provision single Room (both Boys & Girls)
A/c provision Double Bed ( Girls)
A/c provision Triple Bed ( Girls only)
A/c Provision Double Bed ( Boys)
Caution Deposit (A/c Rooms) ( Course Period)
Non A/c Boys Hostel (Single Bed attached Toilet)
Non A/c Boys Hostel (Double Bed common Toilet)
Non A/c Girls Hostel (Single Bed attached Toilet)
Non A/c Girls Hostel (Double Bed attached Toilet)
Non A/c Girls Hostel (Triple Bed attached Toilet)
Caution deposit ( Non A/c Rooms)(Course period)
Timing of Serving Food
- Breakfast between 7.20 A.M. – 8.20 A.M.
- Lunch 12.30 P.M. -1.30 P.M.
- Evening tea 4.30 P.M. – 5.30P.M.
- Supper 8.00 P.M. – 9.00 P.M.
Bus Facility Charges From the Hostel
- Rs. 7,200/- per year from Vijayawada
- Rs. 8,400/- per year from Guntur
- No student shall be allowed in the college bus without a valid bus pass
NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC) has sports facilities in the form of a football/cricket (multipurpose) ground, an outdoor basketball court with lighting facility, a tennis court, a volleyball court and a Table Tennis room. There are outdoor badminton courts in all of the hostels.
Apart from this the college has an Electrophysiology Lab. There are many events that take place throughout the academic year:
- Fresher’s Day Celebration of the new Batch Students.
- Independence Day celebration at NRI Medical College.
- Annual day celebration at NRI Medical College.
- Hayagreeva Pooja for 1st MBBS Students..
- Independence Day celebration at NRI Medical College.
- Intramural Tournament & Sports For Medico’s and PG In NRI Medical College.
- Independent Day Celebration’s In NRI MEDICAL College On August 15th.
Committees in NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC)
- Anti Ragging Committee
This committee ensures that no ragging takes place in the campus as well as the hostels. The committee staff has to make rounds and surprise visits over the students from the date of admission till one month. Whoever is caught in the act of ragging will be punished according to the act number 26 of 1997.
- Sexual Harrasment Committee
As per the orders of Honorable Supreme Court of India and guideline of Medical Council of India this committee is constituted against sexual harassment of any kind. Any person caught in the act on the campus or hostel will be dealt with accordingly.
- Drug Committee
The committee is constructed to supervise the adverse effect of drugs used in the institution. The committee will supervise the drug safety, drug utilization and collect information on adverse drug regulations.
- Ethics Committee
The Institutional Ethics Committee (IEC) approves the Dissertation topic selected by 1st year MD and MS postgraduates. The IEC will not be responsible for late submission of the topic.
Right off the bat, if you make it this far, then congratulations! Since getting into a restorative school is no less than a challenge everywhere in the world. And if you get selected for NRI Academy of Medical Sciences then you are most definitely one of the high achievers, and intelligent students who deserved what they have worked hard for, because NRI Academy of Medical Sciences (NRIMC) is one of the most reputable colleges in its field. Life at a medical college is not easy, may it be any medical college. Even the most intelligent and hardworking people sometimes get frustrated and tangled in all the work along with extra-curricular activities. So to give you a heads up and a few guidelines, on how to deal with basic issues that a student may face in a medical college, are listed below:
Helping Yourself Out
After you are done with your school/high school life, things are going to be different from there onwards. A lot of self-help will be required unlike in school. Since you have to enter your professional life afterwards and deal with real life challenges, you need to be prepared. That’s what the purpose of college is, it acts as a simulator for real life, preparing you for the future, and in the future most of your work will have to be done by yourself. The concept of self-help is important as it is not uncommon for a student enrolled in a college to find themselves in a situation where their formal education/lectures/slides are not helping them out. Maybe your ability of studying and retaining the knowledge is different than what is being provided in your current class. Whatever the cause may be, you will be required to go to the internet and look up a lot of things yourself. So you shouldn’t start panicking if you are lagging behind in a subject, just take a little time out and start recovering on your own, through research or the source provided below.
The hardest thing to do at not just a medical college but at any university is managing time. If you don’t get to it in your first few days, you will have to face a lot of extra hardships later on. To avoid that, in the first few days at your college, take a note of how things work, what processes are followed and what goes where etc. Once you get the gist of it all, make a rough schedule. Compartmentalize your work. Assign time to each task and try to complete it in the assigned time. The more you keep on your schedule the easier things will get.
Next, you should get used to making a daily to-do list. All the homework, assignment, or any other task that you get, should go into that to-do list with a due date. Use applications to set reminders to help you complete your work before the due date. What is even better is that you don’t leave the tasks to the last minute. Procrastination will have to wait. Getting to your tasks as soon as possible will help save you from a lot of future trouble. Keeping a list of all the tasks with their due dates and following a schedule regularly will make sure that you never miss a deadline.
Dr. Najeeb Lectures
As mentioned before university is all about self-study and group studies, however, students cannot impart knowledge as efficiently as a teacher can and to solve that problems internet has blessed us with Dr. Najeeb.
He is an internet sensation, with over Millions of medical students listening to his videos containing hand drawn illustrations. His videos range from Anatomy, Pharmacy, Gross-anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Biochemistry, Genetics, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Immunology, Pathology, Histology and Embryology. These videos contain all medical topics covered in the updated curriculum of worldwide medical universities. Not only this but one can get a life time access to his video through his website anytime he/she like.
Similarly, as no two individuals can have comparable educational encounters, no two students can have the same clinical experience. Your experience will be what you make of it. Remember that whatever you learn isn’t to be overlooked. You are deciding on a vocation that requires maintenance of learning for a lifetime. To take a gander at the fleeting perspectives, what you learn will be there again in your finals, and again amid residency when you begin treating real patients. So whatever you learn, ensure you comprehend it totally now, casual look-ups are fine to jock up your memory when required. However in the event that you don’t comprehend the idea, you should understand it within the near future. In this way, stay centered, persistence is vital, remember our tips, buckle down and you will be ready.