OMC – Osmania Medical College
ABOUT OMC – Osmania Medical College
OMC – Osmania Medical College is a medical school situated in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. It was established in 1846 as the Hyderabad Medical School making it one of the most seasoned medicinal schools in the country. It is associated with NTR University of Health Sciences. The College was initially partnered to the Osmania University of Hyderabad. Click here to know more about their official website.
OMC – Osmania Medical College has been ranked 16th among the top medical colleges in India in 2017. In addition, the college also offers Bachelor, Master and Paramedical courses in various specialties.
It has its affiliations with:
- NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
- Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Aid Status- Government.
MISSIONS AND OBJECTIVES
Osmania has a rich history of pioneering medical innovations. Osmania College aims at enriching their students with vast knowledge of medical sciences and training so they are taught to be ready for every challenge in the field by impressing on their pupils with following principles:
- A feeling of the high and respectable character of the medicinal calling, and in attempting to actuate them to act heaps of integrity and genuineness.
- To raise their ethical tone to as high a level as they could, and instill the estimations of masculine, genuine and honest lead in the entirety of their intercourse, regardless of whether expert or private, with everyone around them.
- To accomplish a scholarly amalgamation of oriental and occidental learning of the best that has been thought of and stated, both in the East and in the West.
- The moral improvement of the students is regulated on the one hand, and research work of a high order in all branches of knowledge is conducted on the other.
- It aims for a social union (as reflected in its engineering assortment), the advancement of a national ethos, and the formation of a scholastic and social condition where ‘National Integration’ is anything but an indistinct thought however a substantial reality.
CAMPUSES AND LOCATION
Hyderabad campus is the one of a kind and it is located at the following address:
- 5-1-876, Turrebaz Khan Rd, Troop Bazaar, Koti, Hyderabad, Telangana 500095, India.
- Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery (MBBS).
Duration: 5.5 years Learning mode: Full time Course level: Bachelors degree
The college conducts 21 Post Graduate Courses with total of 274 PG Seats.
Following is the list:
Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine
Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine
Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy
Duration: 3 years Learning Mode: Full time Course level: Doctoral/PhD program
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Duration: 3 years Learning Mode: Full time Course level: Masters
Duration: 3 years Learning Mode: Full time Course level: Doctoral/PhD degree
Surgical Gastroenterology/G.I. Surgery
Cardio Thoracic Surgery
Duration: 3 years Learning Mode: Full time Course level: Masters
· Obstetrics & Gynecology
· Paeditrics & Radiology
Duration: 2 years Learning Mode: Full time Course Level: Diploma/ Certification
For a candidate to qualify for application to admission at OMC – Osmania Medical College, following are the requirements:
- The candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of the admission.
- Interested students must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology as subjects. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination may also apply.
- They must have a total of at least 50% marks altogether, in the above subjects, at a final examination of the Pre University Course or its equivalent. In case the student belongs to Scheduled Castes, Tribes or other backward Classes, The minimum total marks required in the qualifying exam are 40%.
- The maximum age for applying is 25 years for general category.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG
At the point when an up-and-comer has satisfied all the qualification criteria conditions they proceed onward to the confirmation procedure. Affirmation is led by means of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
In NEET the applicant needs to score at least half, in any case, understudies of ST/SC/OBC need to score at least 45%. The passage test has 180 MCQs with 4 alternatives to browse. The test is led in 3 hours and the quantity of question per subject is as per the following:
No of Questions
- The most extreme number of imprints a competitor can accomplish is 720.
- For each right answer the up-and-comer gets 4 imprints and for each off-base answer the applicant loses one imprint.
- The test must be performed with a dark or blue pen.
- The inquiries from the above subjects are identified with the data the up-and-comer considered in 10+2 levels at school.
- After the NEET assessment happens, legitimacy rundown is readied and understudies are picked by their legitimacy number. In any case, if at least two understudies have equivalent scores in NEET, inclination will be given to
- Up-and-comer having higher stamps in Biology, NEET.
- Competitor having higher checks in Chemistry, NEET.
- Competitor more seasoned in age.
Understudies who are chosen after the NEET assessment scores at that point are given a calendar of NEET advising in which they are guided about the subjects being offered in OMC – Osmania Medical College and how to finish the affirmation procedure. Be that as it may, for this, NEET advising, a few archives are required:
- Tenth class assessment imprints sheet and endorsement.
- HSC assessment imprints sheet and testament.
- NEET concede card and score sheet.
- Course and Conduct testament.
- Standing testament for competitors looking for SC/ST/OBC quantity.
1st year: 120,000 INR
2nd year: 120,000 INR
3rd year: 120,000 INR
4th year: 120,000 INR
5th year: 120,000 INR
Total: 600,000 INR
Doctorate of Medicine (Md):
1st year: 100,000 INR
2nd year: 100,000 INR
Total: 200,000 INR
1st year: 100,000 INR
2nd year: 100,000 INR
3rd year: 100,000 INR
Total: 300,000 INR
1st year: 100,000 INR
2nd year: 100,000 INR
Total: 200,000 INR
1st year: 130,000 INR
2nd year: 130,000 INR
3rd year: 130,000 INR
Total: 390,000 INR
Competitors looking for confirmation in changed degree and certificate projects offered by OMC – Osmania Medical College should enroll and show up in the individual tests. To apply for OMC – Osmania Medical College, the up-and-comer ought to pursue the accompanying advances:
- Visit the establishment to get their plan alongside the application structure by paying the application expense.
- Fill in the structure cautiously and notice the courses one is trying to get admitted to.
- Attach the necessary records with the structure.
- Submit the finished structure to the affirmations office.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rdPart II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counseling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
19 June-26 June 2019
New registrations for Round 1
26 June-27 June 2019
Filling and locking choices for Round 1
27 June-30 June 2019
Seat Allotment process
01 July-02 July 2019
Results of Round 1 MCC counseling
3 July 2019
Reporting to allotted colleges in Round 1
11 July-13 July 2019
New registrations for Round 2
14 July 2019
Filling and locking choices for Round 2
15 July- 17 July 2019
Seat Allotment process
18 July 2019
Results of Round 2 MCC counseling
18 July-25 July 2019
Reporting to allotted colleges in Round 2
13 August-15 August 2019
New registrations for Mop-up round
16 August 2019
Filling and locking choices for Mop-up
17 August 2019
Seat allotment process
18 August 2019
Results of Mop-up round MCC counseling
20 August-26 August 2019
Reporting to allotted colleges for Mop-up
The school office is selective in the territory of Telangana with offices su00ch as amphitheater, Class rooms, Sports, Gym, cafeteria, and so on.,
The Osmania Medical College gives 4 lodgings separate inn offices for Boys and Girls inside the grounds. These lodgings are recharged as of late. Inn charges convenience have an INR 8,000 and INR 3,000 is wreckage charge for every month.
OMC – Osmania Medical College Girls Hostel:
The OMC young lady’s inn has around 468 understudies pleasing limit. The OMC young ladies’ lodging is situated inside the campus. The rooms are all around outfitted with agreeable beds, Study Table, Cupboards and so forth. OMC young lady’s lodging has got isolated square for fresher.
OMC young lady’s lodging has an examination stay with offices for PC and web, a guest room and security room is accessible. And furthermore there is a recreation office room having T.V., Music, Indoor games and so forth and very much thought about the understudies, all around kept up kitchen and open to eating lobby office, and material clothing is accessible. The understudies are furnished with great Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Night Tea/Coffee and bites are given in the Hostel.
OMC – Osmania Medical College Boys Hostel:
The OMC Boy’s inn is arranged in inside the grounds. The rooms are outfitted with agreeable beds, Study Table, Cupboards and so on. Security Guard inclusion is accessible nonstop help.
The hostel has an investigation live with offices for PC and web, a guest room is accessible. And furthermore with recreational office room having T.V., Music, Indoor games and so forth and all around thought about the understudies, very much kept up kitchen and happy with eating lobby office, and fabric clothing is accessible. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are given in the Student Mess. Night bite and Tea/Coffee are additionally given in the Hostel according to understudy decision.
Osmania Medical College is to offer all-encompassing training to our understudies. OMC – Osmania Medical College has additionally facilitated the “Between surgeons”, the state-wide bury restorative school sports meet in December 2008. We urge understudies to take dynamic part in all extra-curricular exercises including sports and social exercises.
OMC – Osmania Medical College offers its understudies a wide scope of brandishing exercises. The OMC – Osmania Medical College grounds likewise has reasonable games offices in the structure a football/cricket (multipurpose) ground, an open air ball court with lighting office, a tennis court, volleyball court and a Table Tennis room are accessible. The OMC grounds have an outside badminton courts in the majority of the inns. Osmania Medical College understudies are partaking in between school sports competitions led by different medicinal universities. Exercise room office is likewise accessible.
OMC – Osmania Medical College gives different feasting alternatives to its staff and understudies. The College Mess is given great solid and clean, suppers over Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at moderate costs. The College Cafeteria gives bites and refreshments for the duration of the day.
The college has the library facility for all students. They are provided with both E-library and information center for the best help we can provide to them.
SUBJECTS No of Books
- Anatomy 124
- Psychology 33
- Biochemistry 36
- Microbiology 48
- Pathology 23
- Pharmacology 28
- Forensic medicine 18
- Social and Preventive medicine 9
- E.N.T 13
- Ophthalmology 29
- Medicine 42
- Pediatrics 19
- Dermatology 25
- Surgery 8
- Orthopedics 15
Associated Hospital facility is available in the campus. The college has a health center with first aid facility for the students.
The college has a Gym facility for the students. They provide both separate male and female gym facilities inside campus.
AFTER GETTING ADMITTED INTO OMS
Getting into medical college is dream of more than half of the population in the world. This means that you have a true heart and want to dedicate your life for helping humanity. If you are admitted in prestigious institute like Osmania Medical College, you should be proud of yourself. You are now part of OMC – Osmania Medical College family. You will be groomed, taken care of, changed into a new person with confidence, high morale and best characters known in the society. But the hard work has just started yet. WE all know it’s tough to get into a medical college but it’s even tougher to survive one. Its take sheer determination and passion to graduate with pearls of knowledge. You will face challenges but before you do we are here to help you out. Some piece of advice and tips given to you to tackle such challenges:
Here are eight tips for you to efficiently manage time. Give them a read for your won betterment.
Set a Daily and Weekly Schedule:
Assemble a timetable of every one of your errands and utilize an organizer to remain composed. In medicinal school, time is your greatest resource. Arranging day by day and week by week errands enables you to save time for scholarly exercises, for example, talks and tests, on-grounds club or intrigue gatherings, just as close to home leisure activities and interests.
Build up a Habit of Consistency:
School is typically excessively pressed with exercises for you to adhere to an everyday practice, except attempt to be as steady as would be prudent. On the off chance that your body sinks into a mood for waking, dozing, eating and practicing simultaneously day by day, it ends up simpler for you to center and adhere to your arranged timetable. This is particularly significant with regards to rest plans before tests, since dusk ’til dawn affairs and absence of rest can influence your productivity, vitality and core interest. Give yourself an opportunity to hit the hay each night so you aren’t compelling your body to continue adjusting to evolving schedules.
In any event while contemplating, turn off your cellphone or put it on quiet. Sign out of internet based life in case you’re taking a shot at your PC or workstation. This evacuates the allurement of checking each message, email, or update you get, and causes you to center around contemplating.
Take as much time as is needed to comprehend what works better for you; going to classes as and when they are booked or experiencing all the recorded sessions later. In any case, settle on your choice remembering your examination plan; and on the off chance that you lean toward watching different talks in one go, make certain to consistently devote time to do as such.
Organize and Schedule:
Instead of attempting to fit in study time between different exercises, designate fixed openings for each subject and adhere to the calendar you’ve made.
Look Into Test Review Resources:
During talks and classes, educators will in general worry upon specific ideas for each subject. This material is typically underlined on government sanctioned tests like the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), and you’re probably going to be tried on it during your course. While contemplating course material, counsel survey hotspots for each essential idea simultaneously, and search for key focuses worried in them. E.g., if your teacher places accentuation on some part of clinical abilities in class and a similar idea is underlined in USMLE Step 1 or Step 2 CS survey assets, it’s certainly significant.
Pre-Exam Study Strategy:
While going to class or counseling audit sources, point out significant ideas and material with exceptional characters or images. Utilize a framework where you place one image on substance stressed in class, and another for ideas shrouded in survey sources.
Get some rest:
You can’t simply study or go to classes throughout the day and throughout the night without losing your brain. To manage the consistent weight of restorative school, you need a break once in a while.
Self-study is an incredible strategy you can use to improve your knowledge, regardless of whether you are reading for a course or finding out about a subject for no particular reason. Utilizing self-study, understudies can go past essentially realizing what their class course books and educators instruct them. By rehearsing self-study, there exists an urge to further investigate subjects they are keen on, therefore, creating more grounded examination aptitudes. One of the significant points of interest of self-study is that understudies can assume responsibility for their own learning. What’s more, when understudies have control, they become considerably keen on learning. In the end, books don’t teach you everything. Do group studies; ask for help, you will learn a lot of different concepts which will further help in future decisions.
Dr. Najeeb’s LEctures
In the remote possibility that you find in a circumstance portrayed above, and nothing unless there are other options referenced strategies work, or regardless of whether you don’t want to evaluate every one of them at this time, you can generally go to Dr. Najeeb’s Lectures for help. These are video addresses which are an incredible hotspot for self-considering. Dr. Najeeb’s Lectures are the world’s most prevalent medicinal Lectures, covering every one of the subjects of Gross Anatomy, Neuro-life systems, Embryology, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology. These talks spread practically every one of the themes in the present restorative educational program of most therapeutic universities. They contain perception of what you study in your books. The hand-attracted representations these talks make it extremely simple to get a handle on the ideas. Besides, one can get a lifetime access to these talks and even download the application to profit them whenever, anyplace.
From the extreme challenge, thorough considering, consistent tests, and such diligent work, it is fundamental for you to take a break for yourself. Self-care is significant on the off chance that you wish to prevail at anything throughout everyday life. So to unwind and take a break from all the diligent work, it is necessitated that you facilitate your brain. Discover a leisure activity or anything that would qualify as extracurricular and take out some time from your bustling calendar for this. You have to compensate yourself for your constant hardships. Aside from that it will assist you with having a new personality when you return to your work so perhaps you could adapt better or think of increasingly inventive things.
Wishing you best for the future!