DY PATIL – Padmashree Dr. D.Y Patil Medical College Navi Mumbai
About Padmashree Dr. D.Y Patil Medical College:
(DY PATIL) – Dr. D.Y Patil medical college was founded by Dnyandeo Yashwantrao Patil in 1989. Since then, the college strived in differentiating themselves from other medical colleges through experienced and learned faculty who made sure that their students get the best education. The college was recently awarded an ISO certification from the Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand. The college is equipped with the best facilities to make sure that education doesn’t remain the learning of facts but the training of the mind to think.
- The University of Mumbai and the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik (MUHS).
- Padmashree Dr. D Y Patil University
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Was Affiliated to:
Now Affiliated to:
Missions and Objectives:
Missions of DY PATIL Medical College are as bellows:
- To be a center of excellence in imparting medical education in diverse specialties and to create an atmosphere that is fostering quality learning.
- To provide a system of academic delivery that focuses on quality education, character development, and superlative health care.
- To ensure an effective and practical learning environment that is aligned with the needs of our society.
- To train U.G. and P.G. Medical graduates in the field of health sciences to achieve physical, mental and spiritual health for the whole nation.
- To be a world-class health care center providing affordable and quality services in all medical specialties to the local, national and international communities.
- To educate and train the students to emerge as the finest medical doctor in the state.
Campus and Location of Padmashree Dr. D.Y Patil Medical College:
The College only has one campus located at the following location:
ADDRESS: Sector 7, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706, India
PHONE: +91 22 6455 0552
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Sports and Exercise Science
- General Medicine
- TB & Chest
- Forensic Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy
- TB & Chest
- Clinical Pathology
- Child Health
Duration:5.5 years (including internship)
Duration: 3 years
Duration: 3 years
Duration: 3 years
Duration: 2 years
Super Specialty Courses:
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cardio Vascular Thoracic Surgery
Duration: 3 years
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria for Padmashree Dr. D.Y Patil Medical College:
H.SC with Science Stream equivalent with a minimum 50% Marks + AIET.
H.SC. with Science Stream – (PCB/PCM/PCMB) passed with a minimum of 50 % marks or any other Authorized Equivalent Examination.
M.B.B.S with 1 year compulsory internship + AIPGMET.
Admission Criteria for Padmashree Dr. D.Y Patil Medical College:
- Candidate must be Indian National. The Nationality Certificate issued by the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate/ Chief Metropolitan Magistrate or a valid Passport shall constitute proof of Nationality.
- The candidate must be either 17 years of age.
- Candidates who secure the minimum 50% marks in NEET and satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by respective councils are eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS / BAMS / B.P.T. courses and can be offered provisional admission to these based on their interest merit at the time of counseling. For details, refer to Para Counseling.
- The score of AIPGMET will be taken into consideration
- The selection of the candidates will be done based on inter-merit of the candidates taking into consideration the preference given by the candidate and availability of seat in the branch/discipline of this choice when it is his turn for counseling.
Candidates satisfying the following criteria shall be eligible to appear for NEET:
- 25, 75,000/- per year
- 41, 18,700/- per year (60,000 USD)
- 15% tuition fees at the time of enrollment
- 3% rise in fees per year only for NRI Quota
- 65,000/- per semester
- 1000 tuition fee at the time of enrollment
- 33, 00,000/- per year
- 38, 50,000/-
- 35, 00,000/-
- 27 lakhs per year
- 15 lakhs per year
Application Process for Padmashree Dr. D.Y Patil Medical College:
The application process conducted by Dr. DY Patil Medical College is both online and offline.
- Visit the official website of the college.
- Fill the online application form by carefully mentioning the course of choice.
- Upload the passport-sized photograph along with the scanned image of the academic certificates.
- Submit the application form by paying the registration fee either online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net-banking or a Demand Draft in favor of ‘Registrar, Dr. DY Patil Vidyapeeth’, payable at Pune.
- Application fee for Ph.D.is INR 5000 whereas, for MBBS, it is 15% of the total annual fee.
- Download the application form from the official website or obtain the same from the admission office of the college.
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Affix the passport-sized photograph at the designated places in the form.
- Attach the documents as listed below.
- Submit the application form at the admission office.
Documents Required for Padmashree Dr. D.Y Patil Medical College Navi Mumbai:
The documents required at the time of admission are:
- Provisional Allotment Letter.
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Rank Card.
- NEET Score Card.
- 10th & 12th Score Card.
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate.
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Migration / Transfer Certificate.
- Parents’ PAN Card.
- Embassy Letter + Parents IT Return Proof. (Only For NRI Quota)
1st August 2019
Commencement of classes
9th June 2019
Entry test 2019
6th June 2019
Last date to submit the application
30th May 2019
Last date for fees submission
2-12 December 2019
Duration of exams
27th January 2019
Facilities in Padmashree Dr. D.Y Patil Medical College:
The library facility at Padmashree Dr. D Y Patil is known to be the best in the state. It constitutes three levels, one on the ground floor and the other two on the second and the third floors. Two halls are reserved for undergraduate students. One room for postgraduates while one room for the staff members. The library covers a distance of 4000sq meters. The library is equipped with the latest technologies of the current century like Wi-Fi and digital library to help their students out in every way. Open hours on weekdays are from 8:00 am till 11:00 pm. On Sundays and holidays, it’s open from 9:00 am till 5:00 pm. During examinations, from 8:00 am till midnight. The reading room inside the library is open 24 hours to facilitate their students in the best way possible. Total no of books at the library is 20,157 out of which 14,925 are textbooks and 5,232 are reference books. Indian journals in the amount of 79 while foreign in 50 are received annually in the library.
The hostel facility is made to be outstanding to make sure students spend a comfortable time here. It’s separate for both boys and girls. Girls’ hostel consists of three wings A, B and C situated on the ground floor whereas boys’ hostel is situated from 7th to 11th floor. The undergraduate hostel can accommodate students in 131 rooms for boys and 267 rooms for girls while in the postgraduate hostel there are 57 rooms for boys and 93 for the girls. Messing and canteen facility is also available. The hostel has a dining hall that can accommodate 25% of occupants in a single time. There is also a visiting room, reading room, TV room and indoor rooms to make sure students enjoy their life during their stay at the hostel.
The students are provided with outdoor sports to break the monotonous of their routines and refresh their minds and bodies. There are many sports competitions held every year between classes, batches as well as colleges which creates a spirit of sportsmanship between students. Cricket ground, hockey, volleyball ground, basketball, football ground, etc. are some of these facilities.
The gymnasium is open for both boys and girls for long hours at separate timings. The gym is fully equipped with all the machines required by the students as well as a trainer for their help. Only a healthy body houses a healthy mind.
A large number of students, almost 80% are living in m=city of Mumbai or Navi and avail the timely managed transport system available for them.
The modern laboratories conform to the requirements prescribed by the Medical Council of India.
The canteen facility is also available for students where the health and hygiene factor is kept in mind strictly and the best food is made and provided by the kitchen.
What is required by you?
You are about to walk on a new path, a new journey, Mixed feelings must be running through your mind. Feeling of happiness that you have achieved your dream and made everyone proud and at the same time an overpowering feeling of nervousness. It’s okay at this point. You will know everything about how to maintain yourself and your study through the day to day activities. But you need to understand that your studies will get tougher from now on. It won’t be the same. Lecturers will only provide you with jinx of the topic. Rest lies upon your shoulders, which is the difficult part to research and do deep learning. So choose your strategy that how will you manage everything. Note down points that will help you out in studying. List down the syllabus and make a feasible timetable you can follow easily. Every assignment, every quiz will mater in your final result so you need to be careful and never hesitate in asking for help from your teachers, they will be more than happy to help you out.
Worrying wouldn’t get you anywhere:
Many a time, when the tides get tough, and the expanse of the course starts to feel overwhelming, it’s only but human to begin to curb most of the drive at the expense of being ‘worried’. Anxiety and pressure are only testaments to the fact that the goal at hand is important to you – that there’s a lot to gain and a lot to lose. However, in times of such pressure, one tends to worry more about the latter, than be excited about the former, and as a consequence, worry too much to lose focus. But the key here is to take a deep breath and remember to let go of all the stress and pressure that renders you unable. Experience mind-full habits, like exercise, sports, and meditation, which are proven to help lower your cortisol levels – inculpated for the cause of stress. Only then, you will be able to keep your stresses and anxieties at bay and not allow them to mar your abilities to reach your full potential.
Dr. Najeeb’s Lectures:
Nevertheless, if you still find it difficult to grasp the content and information provided during the course sessions, and/or require more relevant information regarding a particular subject, to either narrow down to conceptual techniques you have a better chance of understanding, or to increase your knowledge base regarding a subject, you can always rely on Dr Najeeb’s lectures. These lectures could be regarded as one of the most intelligible lectures out there; intelligently designed to cater to all sorts of young learning minds, could be understood by all – one of the world’s most unavoidable remedial lectures after all, covering the entirety of the subjects of Gross Anatomy, Neuro-life systems, Embryology, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology. These lectures are designed for you, and you can depend on them for however long you may.
Remember to have fun:
‘This too shall pass’, often said in times of worry and dismay, could nevertheless be said about the fleeting moments of excitement and fun. There is power in the present moment – and to take in and absorb all of the moments that you might not be blessed to relive, is to be powerful enough, being able to have such a wholesome experience. Remember to rejoice in all the little things of your college life, be it laughter in the hallways, or bickering, for you, will remember everything once you graduate, and feel bad to not have enjoyed them as much as you could have. So remember to kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride.