People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS)
About People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS)
People’s College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre was established in the year 2005 located in Bhopal, India. To know more about People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS) visit their website It was established in 2002 as a teaching hospital and started admissions in 2005. The campus is spread over an area of about 40 acres; it is a beautifully constructed campus keeping in mind, utility & aesthetic view. This serene, clean & unpolluted campus accommodates the main college building, state of the art auditoriums and gymnasium, cafeteria, National Bank facility, post office, ATM service center, residential quarters for teaching & non-teaching faculty members, day care center, 24 hours in-house security, police out post and upcoming recreational & family entertainment center. The idea behind this college was to provide medical education, promote health care research activities & to develop a health care hub which will cater the genuine needs of the community. Provision of critical & ambulatory care to the poorest of poor was the humble goal. It has experienced and renowned faculty. The campus imparts innovative teaching and learning methods to generate interest and raise levels of self-confidence. It also has excellent meritorious performance in university examinations.
Vision & Mission
People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS) is committed to become a leading institute with dynamic culture of teaching and learning, with special commitment to patient care, education and research to serve the society. They value their excellence in teaching, research, clinical care and leadership for preparing graduates and postgraduates who promote justice and achieve excellence in the chosen fields while demonstrating compassion and commitment to serve the society.
Licensure of People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS)
- People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS) is a private institute.
- The Courses offered by the People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS) are affiliated to People’s University, Bhopal.
- People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS) is approved by government of India and Medical Council of India (MCI),
Intake Capacity of People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS)
For MBBS (UG) which is of 5 years duration, total of 150 seats are available while for PG courses which are of 3 years duration, 49 in total of seats are available.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria of People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS)
PCMH offers MBBS at UG level and MS/MD, M.SC at PG level.
For MBBS and Postgraduate courses, candidates need to appear in NEET-UG & NEET-PG respectively. For M.SC Biochemistry/Microbiology, candidates need to appear in qualifying exam.
The eligibility for applying in PCMH is as follows:
- For MBBS program, candidates must have qualified in the NEET.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 50% aggregate while in case of reserved categories or OBC, aggregate is 40%.
- For students with loco motor disability of lower limbs, a min of 45% marks instead of 50% have to be taken in qualifying the exam and competitive entrance exam for admission in MBBS.
- For PG/Diploma courses, students’ intake will be based on the ranks obtained in NEET.
- Candidates must have passed MBBS successfully with minimum of 50% marks while also completing compulsory 6 months internship upon clearing MBBS.
- For SC, ST & OBC category minimum percentage will be 40%.
- For M.SC Medical Microbiology and M.SC Biochemistry, students would have to appear in qualifying exam so that their merit can be gauged.
- If a selected candidate does not join the course by due date, the selection will be cancelled and the seat will be offered to the first candidate on the waiting list.
- The decision of the Head of the Institution will be final in matter of selection of candidates and no appeal shall be entertained.
- Candidates who are already in service will be required to apply through proper channel along with NOC from the employer
- Upper age limit for males is 30 years. There is no upper age limit for females.
Admission Process of People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS)
Candidates need to visit the online website of NEET and choose their respective courses and college. Admission will be granted on the basis of NEET followed by counselling.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
Candidate’s eligibility for NEET exam will be adjudged on following factors:
- Academic Qualification
- Age Limit
Academic Qualification for People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS)
- Students who have passed class XII qualifying exam.
- Students who are appearing in class XII qualifying exam.
- Candidates must have Biology or Biotechnology, Physics & Chemistry as their subjects in XII.
- All candidates must have the obtained the necessary aggregate marks in qualifying exam.
GENERAL CATEGORY – 50% marks in qualifying exam
OBC/ST/SC CATEGORY – 40% marks in qualifying exam.
General- Physically Handicapped Category – 45% marks in qualifying exam.
OBS/ST/SC Physically Handicapped Category — 40% marks in qualifying exam.
- Candidates need to fill online application form to apply.
- Candidate should be minimum of 17 years old.
- As per latest notification, the maximum age is 25 years while applying under UR category, candidates above 25 years can also apply.
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRI)
- Overseas citizens of India (OCI)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals
- The Examination will be offline mode (pen and paper) of 3 hours held at various centers across India.
- There will be total 180 MCQ type questions.
- The question paper will be available in Hindi, English, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi & Telugu language.
- There will be 45 questions of 180 marks from Botany, Zoology, Physics and Chemistry each.
- Total marks will be 720.
- 4 marks will be awarded on every correct answer while 1 mark will be deducted on every wrong answer.
How to apply?
- Aadhaar card is mandatory to fill NEET Application form.
- For NRI’s, OCI, PIC & Foreigners passport No is valid id proof.
- Candidates can avail the NEET registration form via online mode only.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal contact, qualification, domicile etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- After filling the form, candidates need to pay the application form fee of INR 1400(general & OBC candidates) and INR 750(SC/ST/PH Candidates) using online or offline mode.
- After the confirmation message, take a print out of NEET Application form as well as confirmation page.
Fee Structure of People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS)
The fee structure for the college is different for different departments and there is a fee for the admission process as well.
- MBBS (whole course) : 5,012,500 (Indian Rupees)
- MS/MD (per year) : 70,000 USD and one time caution money of 50,000 (INR)
As PCMH is a private institute, Scholarship is not provided to the students.
Life at People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS)
In the range of your course at PCMH, you not only get the opportunity to encounter first rate medical studies yet alongside that you get an opportunity to explore Bhopal the “City of Lakes “ with its huge scope of eateries.
Talking about college, faculty is experienced and renowned. The college has set a high priority to research, development and innovations. It has fully equipped rural and urban training health centers and fully operational MEU with trained Faculty
Wi Fi Central Library
Library is situated on the ground floor of main college building & provides excellent environment for academic growth of the students. At present there are 20,748 books and 112 National and International journals in the library. In addition to this, 50 computers with internet facility, academic CDs, Audio-visual aids and separate units for students and staff are provided. In the library two separate reading halls for students remain open for 24 hours. Online full text documents are available with 1524 Medline Journals along with skill lab.
Auditorium & The Lecture Halls
The Lecture Halls are air conditioned and well equipped with sophisticated audio visual teaching aids with separate Medical Education unit. The main building has 4 lecture theatres each with a seating capacity of 300. 32 Demonstrations rooms with a seating capacity of 80. The hospital building has 1 lecture theatre with a seating capacity of 250. There is a beautiful, spacious, air-conditioned, state of the art auditorium with all modern gadgets, equipment, audio-visual aids with a seating capacity of about 800 individuals. Along with that there are two examination halls as well with a seating capacity of 200 each
There are 3 separate blocks for boys and girls, 2 blocks for Interns & 2 blocks for P.G. Students. Each block has 48 rooms to accommodate 96 students. The rooms are well ventilated and designed for twin sharing with attached bathrooms and balcony. The hostel messes on campus provide variety of meals and fast-food. The hostels are equipped with water purifiers, water coolers, entertainment facilities, gymnasium and in-door games facilities. They also have round the clock security and communication facilities.
People’s Hospital covers an area of 5.39 acres. The Hospital has 904 beds in operation in four blocks. The hospital provides modern diagnostic and treatment facilities.
Emergency services and trauma care are available round the clock with latest diagnostic and treatment facilities and well equipped Intensive care unit. Specialist senior faculty members of various disciplines attend the emergencies.
Multiple super specialized services available are Neurology, Cardiology, Urology, Psychiatry, Neonatology, Laparoscopic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Spinal Surgery, Micro Laryngeal Surgery, Facio Maxillary Surgery, Reconstructive Surgery, urosurgery etc. A state of the art Hi-tech individual super specialty hospital is also in the making.
PCMH has modern and well equipped laboratories in the campus to facilitate students with in depth study of their respective fields. PCMH not only focuses on theoretical study but practical study is under great concern as well. That’s why it has well established state of the art Central Research Laboratory with Molecular Biotechnology, Human Genetic, Biochemical Research, Immunology & stem cell Tech. labs.
Anti-Ragging & Disciplinary Committee
People’s College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre has engaged a ‘professional counselor’ at the time of admissions to counsel ‘fresher’s’ in order to prepare them for life ahead especially for adjusting to the life in hostels. PCMH ensures that there would be a clear gap of one to two weeks between the date of joining of ‘fresher’s’ and the ‘seniors’. PCMH is having an Anti-Ragging Committee and Anti Ragging Squads, which is comprising of senior teachers of the institution, representatives of Civil & Police administration and local media. It also constitutes a ‘Mentoring Cell’ to oversee and involved senior students as ‘Mentors’ for the ‘fresher’s’. Anonymous random surveys are conducted across the entire 1st year batch of students every fortnight during the first three months of the academic session. PCMH ensures confidentiality at all costs of the complaints or information in regard to ragging written / oral or even from third parties. The institute will ensure that remedial action is initiated and completed within a week of the incident itself. Notice is also prominently displayed on all the notice boards of all the departments, hostels and other buildings as well as at vulnerable places to make the community at large and the students in particular aware of the dehumanizing effect of ragging and the approach of the institution towards those indulging in ragging.
Sports & Recreation
PCMH conducts many awareness, extension, sports and scientific activities. It also conducts many cultural programs. PCMH provides great facilities for sports like cricket, volleyball etc.
PCMH has a cafeteria where students can enjoy light refreshments like snacks, tea, coffee etc. and chit chat after a hectic day at university.
PCMH also has wireless internet connection all over the campus for students to attain knowledge of the material they did not understand in class. For difficult times like these internet provides students with medical lectures of Dr. Najeeb.
Dr. Najeeb Lectures
Dr. Najeeb is known to have the world’s most popular medical lectures. Dr. Najeeb has Millions of students in 190 countries and his lectures are being watched Millions of times. His videos cover all the major fields of medical sciences like Neuroanatomy, Embryology, Genetics, Dentistry, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Pharmacy and Nursing in detail. These videos contain all the medical topics covered in different universities of the world. Icing on the cake is that you can have life time access to all these videos and can even download the app to avail them anytime, anywhere.
People’s College Of Medical Sciences and Research Center (PCMS) Graduates
People’s College of Medical and Research Centre has produced several qualified medical practitioners who are doing wonderfully well in their respective specialties. Many notable alumni is making their state and institute proud by doing remarkable work in their fields.