(RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata
About (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata:
Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College was established in 1886 by Dr. Radha Gobinda KAR. (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata is a medical college located in Kolkata, India. It is affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Sciences currently. The college was ranked 20th among medical colleges in India by India Today in2017. (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata was the first private institution for medical in India. Later it was taken over by the government and is currently a government based medical college. (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata aims to promote professional competence through learning and innovation for providing comprehensive quality health care to the nation for all undergraduate and postgraduate students. It also focuses on teaching the values of ethical medical practice. (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata is recognized by the following for both, running MBBS course and Postgraduate programs:
- Medical Council of India
For undergraduates, (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata offers the MBBS courses, BSc Nursing.
The course for Postgraduate degree is 3 years long and the Postgraduate diploma is 2 years long.
Below is the list of all courses offered by (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata
- MS General Surgery
- MS Orthopedics
- MS Ophthalmology
- MS Anatomy
- MS E.N.T
- MS Otorhinolaryngology
- MSC Medical Anatomy
- MSC Microbiology
- MSC Pathology
- MSC Physiology
- MD Pediatric
- MD Anesthesiology
- MD General Medicine
- MD Pathology
- MD Microbiology
- MD Radio Diagnosis
- MD Preventive and Social Medicine
- MD Psychiatry
- MD Obstetrics and Gynecology
- MD Forensic Medicine
- MD Physical Medicine
- MD Dermatology
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Social and Preventive Medicine
- MD Transfusion Medicine
- MD Pharmacology
- Ch Neuro Surgery
- Ch Pediatric Surgery
- Ch Urology
- Ch Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Ch Plastic Surgery
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Medical Radio-Diagnosis
- Diploma in Public Health
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Diploma in Immuno Hematology and Blood Transfusion
- Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Diploma in Forensic Medicine
- Diploma in Anesthesiology
For a candidate to qualify for application of admission to R.G.KAR, following are the requirements:
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 / A level / IB / American 12th grade or any equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English as majors from a recognized board.
- The applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in all the science subjects combined of the qualifying examination.
- The lower age limit is of 17 years on the 31st December of the year of admission. Foreign applicants are required to submit the following:
- A No Objection Certificate from the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- ‘Equivalence Certificate’ from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi who will equate their qualifications as equivalent to the 10+2 of India.
- A Student Visa.
- A Residential Certificate.
- The selection of candidates is solely conducted on the basis of the valid rank obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 and through centralized common counseling conducted by DGHS.
- The applicant applying for the Postgraduate programs should have passed the MBBS examination from a recognized Medical college that is affiliated to any University recognized by the MCI.
- The applicants must have completed a year of Compulsory Rotating Internship in a Medical institute recognized by the MCI.
- The applicant must have registered their MBBS degree with their respective State Medical Council.
- The selection of applicants will be solely on valid rank obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET).
- Foreign applicants must be registered practitioners in the country from where they have obtained their degree and are required to obtain a temporary registration certificate from Medical Council of India.
Applicants looking for admission in different degree and diploma programs offered by (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata are required to enroll and appear in the respective exams. To apply for (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata, the candidate needs to follow the succeeding steps:
- Visit the institute to obtain their prospectus along with the application form by paying the application fee.
- Fill in the form very carefully and mention the courses of interest to get admitted to.
- Attach the required documents with the form.
- Submit the completed form to the admissions office.
The following documents (as required by candidate’s chosen degree) should be attached with the application form:
- Metric and 10+2 marks sheet and passing certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree and mark sheet.
- Entrance exam admit card and scorecard.
- MBBS mark sheet and degree.
- Migration Certificate.
- Character Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner.
- Equivalence Certificate (if applicable).
These dates are according to the year 2018:
Entry Test Name
Application Start Date
Application End Date
The campus of the R.G.KAR Medical offers a quality learning resources along with a wealth of opportunities for social and intellectual engagement. College is not only known for its extraordinary educational culture but also for classic facilities. The atmosphere of the college nourishes learning of the students. The college is constituent of all the important facilities like classrooms with finest infrastructure, labs for latest research and experiments and a very well managed library. The objective of these facilities is to make learning favorable for its students. (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata believes in imparting not only excellent education but providing for its students the best facilities in all regards. The Institute provides an environment with the best infrastructural facilities.
The (RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata Medical College Library was established in the Year 1886. College has one of the best medical libraries. There are more than 1000 books in library. Library also subscribes to many national and international journals.
The Central Library Sections
The central library contains the following sections:
- Staff reading room.
- Interns reading room.
- Rooms for librarian and other staff.
- Microfilm reading, Video and audio L C D. Projector room.
- Current journals room.
- Back volume of periodicals room.
- Air-conditioned computer room with Medlar & internet facility.
- Undergraduate Section.
- Group Discussion rooms.
- Individual Study rooms
(RGKMCH) – Radha Gobinda KAR Medical College, Kolkata Library provides the following facilities
The books are issued to Interns, Postgraduate Students, Research Scholars and Faculty Members. Bound/unbound journals, audio-visual materials and CD-ROMs are for in-house use only.
References Services is a personal aid provided to the user by the library staff in interpreting library collection for study and research. The Library staff assists users to locate the needed information from the available information resources. On the basis of collection, library provides services to its users.
Through this services library provides photocopies of articles from journals and books to the users as and when requested further users can also send and receive Fax messages from library
Through this service library provides audio and video cassettes CD’s slides of teaching programs, in the A.V. Room.
The computer lab of the library offers the following computer services to users
- Internet browsing and online journals access.
- Facilities for preparing presentation materials such as slides, transparencies and color scanning
- Assisting the students and faculty members for editing projects/thesis, data analysis, setting the file to the required quality of print and printing.
- Color scanning CD writing, with laser printing and DOT matrix printing.
The cafeteria at RGKMCH is centralized and is accessible for all the departments. It provides service for food delivery to hotels and faculty offices. The cafe is spacious, clean and provides extremely good services. A large variety of hygienic, healthy and delicious food is available at the cafe. The environment of the cafeteria is very comfortable and all the food is available at low rates. Students can easily come and go at any time and eat to their fill.
There are total of five hostels for the purpose of providing good accommodation to the students. There is one boys’ hostel and four girls’ hostels. The hostels provide the students with an individual bed, a cupboard, a table, and a chair. For the comfort of students water and electric supply are available all the time. The facility of mess is also there. The hostels are managed by the wardens to ensure that no harassment or misconduct takes place. Ragging is not allowed in the hostels and students live in a home like environment.
The RG Kar Medical College promotes its students to take part in sports activities. The college has a wide range of sports facilities for students. Football ground, badminton court, table tennis court, Cricket ground are all part of the lavish infrastructure of sport facilities. Various fests are held at the college and intercollege sports competitions are organized by campus. RGKMCH supports the students to groom their skills in sports.
Life at R.G.KAR Medical College
Life at a medical college is a whole new world. After entering a medical college, you realize the sudden change in the way you learn and manage things. After going through a very tough competition and entering a medical college you have successfully achieved the goal of your life. But the journey of hard work doesn’t end there. Getting selected to RGKMCH proves your determination and devotion. Through your consistent efforts, you have earned to get your skills polished by an institution like R.G.KAR. There are hard times at medical college but you ultimately overcome the hardships, in order to perform well in tough times below are some tip:
Keep Things Organized:
It is one of the most important things to organize your work, activities, and schedule. Turning in assignments that look neat and sharp. You should take time to produce a final product that looks good, and reflects your hard work. Try to stay completely attentive in your class and take good notes. Organize all your notes, handouts, reports, past papers slides efficiently for studying.
Read the Course Outline:
Taking notes from a lecture is a thinking activity. Effective listening involves paying attention, developing an interest in listening to the lecture, and avoiding premature judgment of the speaker. Pay particular attention to the beginnings and endings of the lecture to gain a better sense of its outline and main points, then summarize and anticipate the direction of the lecture. Evaluate the ideas you hear, select important information to record, and ask questions about what you hear. Avoid the passive listener approach of trying to get it all instead, listen for main ideas, key details, and transitional phrases that point to the structure and focus of the lecture.
Listen Actively in Class:
Most professors will be happy to give you examples of past work. If a test or paper coming up, request a sample paper or sample test. Some classes provide information like this on a course website. These can be great resources to help you succeed academically. Many teachers keep old papers on hand to give students an idea of the upcoming exam. If you can get some old papers, read them carefully and try to evaluate yourself. If your teacher does not have model papers, try asking someone else who previously took the class and earned a high mark if they still have their old papers.
Dr. Najeeb lectures:
Medical college students are often seen stressed out due to tough studies. There are many hard to understand concepts and topics. It is not a very big issue if students don’t understand some course or some topic. The main problem is that it is very hard to get help for a missed concept or difficult course. This demotivates the students and deteriorates their performance. If it was a few years back it was indeed a big problem but now there is nothing to worry about. Whenever you are stuck with a concept you can always access Dr. Najeeb’s Lectures. These are video lectures which are an incredible source for self-studying. Dr. Najeeb’s Lectures are the world’s best medical lectures, covering every one of the aspects of Gross Anatomy, Neuro-anatomy, Embryology, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology. These lectures comprise of visualizations of knowledge delivered by books. These lectures also comprise of hand-drawn illustrations to further clarify concepts of students. Furthermore, one can get lifetime access to these lectures and even download the app to avail them anytime, anywhere.
Utilize Time Effectively:
At medical college, the key to good performance is time management. You need to form a schedule and strictly follow it. For the situations where time for classes overlaps with time for other activities you need to prioritize your classes or manage time accordingly. The most important thing is to manage your time efficiently. Regularly go through your notes and always start early. If any assignment or quiz is due do not drag it till the deadline, rather start early so that you have time to ask others and perform well.
Learn and Grow as You Go:
While each course or assignment might be unique, the skills needed to perform well on them carry over from one to the next. It might seem obvious, but a key element of success is actually paying attention to and working on the feedback you receive. Grades, comments, contradictory information, stress, delight these are all forms of feedback that can help you to improve. Instead of working harder doing the same things, change your approach gradually on the basis of the feedback that you receive.
Always be Positive:
There can be times when things don’t go smoothly but always stay positive and keep your spirits high. You need to stay positive and keep up with the hard work. You have to have confidence and trust yourself for if you’ve overcome all obstacles and come this far nothing can stop you now.
At the end we would like to encourage you to work with determination and become the most accomplished physicians. Don’t give up in hard times, keep our tips in mind and Good luck!
For more information, please visit their official website.