Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS)
About Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS)
Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences is located in Ranchi, the capital of the state of Jharkhand, of India. Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) is a medical institute of Ranchi University. The college is one of the premier institutes of India, nourishing and growing enrolled students into competent doctors in their respective fields. The institute was established in 1960 and was given its name after Rajendra Prasad, the first president of India. The Medical College Hospital came into existence in 1965. The institute provides free medical service to the patients along with essential drugs. The mission of the institute is demonstrated by Excellence, Compassion and Collaboration i.e. to provide medical services of the highest standard where excellence, compassion and innovation set the standards. Visit their official website.
- The Courses offered by the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) are affiliated to the “Ranchi University”.
- Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Reservation Policy & Eligibilty, Selection Criteria
Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) offers MBBS at the Undergraduate level for 150 seats and various Postgraduate Diploma, MD, MS, DM, M.CH. at PG level for 150 available seats.
The eligibility for applying in Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) is as follows:
- For MBBS Admission, 85% seats are reserved for State Quota (JCECE) while 15% seats will be filled through NEET-UG (All India Quota) score.
- For MBBS admission, candidates should have completed 10+2 from any recognized board in biology/biotechnology, physics & chemistry with 50% aggregate (40% in case of reserved categories). 85% admissions into MBBS is offered through Jharkhand Common Entrance Competitive Exam (JCECE) followed by counselling and 15% seats will be filled through NEET.
- Applying under JCECE, candidate should be Indian and local/permanent residence of Jharkhand state.
- Candidates are required to show the local or permanent residence certificate at the time of counselling.
- Document verification will be done at the time counselling, the candidates failing to provide all the required documents will not be considered.
- Medical officers will examine the selected candidates. Medically unfit candidates will not be admitted.
- Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) offers 27 specializations in different courses at PG level.
- Candidates applying for PG Diploma, MD, MS, DM, M.CH. should be MBBS graduates.
- Candidates must have qualified JCECE to be eligible for admission.
- The selection of candidates at PG Diploma, MD, MS, DM, M.CH. level is based on the ranks obtained in JCECE.
- A fee of INR 900 (450 for SC/ST/PHC/WOMEN) is to be paid at the time applying for JCECE.
- To avoid any type of rejection, candidates are required to carry all the original education certificates at the time of admission.
- To take admission via All India Quota in NEET, candidates need to take part in Online Counselling for NEET conducted by MCC.
- To take admission via State Quota, candidate should have cleared 10+2 class exam from the state and should have the valid address proof and domicile of the state.
- All India Quota admissions are governed by the Director General of Heath Sciences, New Delhi.
- State Quota admissions are governed by the JCECE.
Here is a complete admission process guide:
- Candidates can apply for MBBS/PG courses after successful completion of entrance exams,
- Fill the application form available online.
- Submit the filled application form along with all documents like educational details, personal details, and entrance exam.
- Candidates will be called for counselling based on the ranks obtained in entrance examination.
- Final selection list will be updated on official website.
- Candidates need to pay fees within due date. Failing in this could cause the cancel of selection and seat will be awarded to the next candidate on waiting list.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
Candidate’s eligibility for NEET exam will be adjudged on following factors:
- Academic Qualification
- Age Limit
- Students who have passed class XII qualifying exam.
- Students who are appearing in class XII qualifying exam.
- Candidates must have Biology or Biotechnology, Physics & Chemistry as their subjects in XII.
- All candidates must have the obtained the necessary aggregate marks in qualifying exam.
- Candidates need to fill online application form to apply.
GENERAL CATEGORY – 50% marks in qualifying exam
OBC/ST/SC CATEGORY – 40% marks in qualifying exam.
General- Physically Handicapped Category – 45% marks in qualifying exam.
OBS/ST/SC Physically Handicapped Category — 40% marks in qualifying exam.
- The minimum age for the candidate applying should be 17 years old.
- The maximum age for applying is 25 years while candidates under UR category above 25 years can also apply.
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRI)
- Overseas citizens of India (OCI)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals
- The Examination will be offline mode (pen and paper) of 3 hours held at various centers across India.
- There will be total 180 MCQ type questions.
- The question paper will be available in Hindi, English, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi & Telugu language.
- There will be 45 questions of 180 marks from Botany, Zoology, physics and chemistry each.
- Total marks will be 720.
- 4 marks will be awarded on every correct answer while 1 mark will be deducted on every wrong answer.
How To Apply?
- Aadhaar card is mandatory to fill NEET Application form.
- For NRI’s, OCI, PIC & Foreigners passport No is valid id proof.
- Candidates can avail the NEET registration form via online mode only.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal contact, qualification, domicile etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- After filling the form, candidates need to pay the application form fee of INR 1400(general & OBC candidates) and INR 750(SC/ST/PH Candidates) using online or offline mode.
- After the confirmation message, take a print out of NEET Application form as well as confirmation page.
The fee structure for the University is different for different departments and there is a fee for the admission process as well. It is for whole course as follows:
- MBBS : 27,000
- BDS : 24,000
- D, M.S : 2,245
All the above fee is in Indian Rupees.
As the college is government affiliated, fee is not that huge and candidates generally don’t need any scholarship or a loan facility.
Life at Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS)
In the span of your course at Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), you not only get to experience top-notch medical studies but along with that, you get a chance to explore Ranchi. It has vast tourist’s sites to make which are a getaway from the everyday hectic life of university.
Faculty is the best of the best, with doctors from many prestigious universities from all over the World.
Beside the experienced faculty, the campus has separate boys and girls’ hostel, library, auditorium, Sports, IT infrastructure, cafeteria and hospital.
Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) also has wireless internet connection all over campus for students to attain knowledge of the material they did not understand in class and even though Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) has an open-door policy for teacher-student communication there are times when a student simply fails to understand the material being conveyed by the lecturer. For difficult times like these, the internet has provided us with a solution.
World’s Most Popular Online Medical Lectures
Dr. Najeeb is a Pakistani online medical expert and is viewed as a master in the field of medicine. He has Millions of students in 190 nations and has been watched numerous times. His site contains more than 800 medical lectures. His recordings begin with Physiology and Anatomy and run a clinical course up to management. Dr. Najeeb’s videos cover all significant medicinal subjects like Neuroanatomical, Embryology, Genetics, Dentistry, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Pharmacy and Nursing.
Many people believe that there is no concept in medical subjects rather it’s all something that just needs to be learned by heart but this thinking takes the fun out of studying subjects. Also, this ideology makes students learn concepts for the short term as they do not truly understand the concept. For times like these if one watches Dr. Najeeb’s videos you can see that he conveys all the information like a story, linking up all processes with each other and making it easier for students to learn and keep that information retained for a long time. Click here to visit Dr Najeeb Lectures.
Ever since 1965 Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences has been producing world class graduates serving in their specific fields. Many notable alumni including scientists, politicians, celebrities, athletes and sportsmen etc.