(RMC) – MS Ramaiah Medical College
About (RMC) – MS Ramaiah Medical College:The (RMC) – M S Ramaiah Medical College was set up in 1979 by Gokula Education Foundation (Medical) and founded by Late Founder Chairman, Sri. MS Ramaiah. (RMC) – M S Ramaiah Medical College is a charitable trust with the vision of giving quality medicinal education to all. The College is associated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Karnataka and it is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). It is ranked 16th amongst all Medical Colleges in India today. The Ramaiah Medical College Hospital (RMCH) was set up on the campus in 1984, to prepare and train the upcoming age and generation of medical specialists. The institute is mainly focused on teaching, medical research and clinical practice. College is recognized for running MBBS and Postgraduate Degree/Diploma programs.
Mission and ObjectivesRMS plans to accomplish the following objectives by training the future doctors of the world through their best practices:
- To build the future doctors with a comprehensive establishment of medical knowledge and make them learn through the rigorous academics as well as focusing equally on their extra-curricular activities.
- Prepare the students in such a way that they would figure out how to settle on choices and make decisions individually as well as learning when to team up in order to work better when needed.
- Enrich the society we’re living in by imparting leadership skills in the development of our future leaders.
- Collaborating with different universities, NGOs, research centers, government and International organizations in order to facilitate faculty members and students through different research programs/courses.
LOCATION OF CAMPUSCampus is located at: M S Ramaiah Nagar, Mathikere, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560054, India.
Undergraduate:For undergraduates, (RMC) – M S Ramaiah Medical College offers the MBBS course. The duration of the MBBS course is 4.5 years along with compulsory 1-year internship. The student’s intake is 150 per year.
Postgraduate:For Postgraduates, (RMC) – M S Ramaiah Medical College offers MD and MS with duration of 3 years. Below is the list of all courses of MD and MS offered by (RMC) – M S Ramaiah Medical College:
- MD Anatomy
- MD Physiology
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Pharmacology
- MD Pathology
- MD Microbiology
- MD Forensic Medicine
- MD Community Medicine
- MD General Medicine
- MS Radio Diagnosis
- MD Pediatrics
- MD Anesthesia
- MD Radiotherapy
- MD Respiratory Medicine
- MD Emergency Medicine
- MD Psychiatry
- MD Dermatology
- MS General Surgery
- MS O.B.G
- MS Orthopedics
- MS Ophthalmology
- MS Oto-Rhino-Laryngology
- DGO (O.B.G)
- DMRD (Radio Diagnosis)
- DCH (Pediatrics)
- DDLV (Dermatology)
- DO (Ophthalmology)
- DA (Anesthesia)
- DM Cardiology
- DM Endocrinology
- DM Neurology
- DM Nephrology
- DM Medical Oncology
- DM Gastroenterology
- Ch Neurosurgery
- Ch Vascular Surgery
- Ch Urology
- Ch Plastic Surgery
- Ch Pediatric Surgery
- PhD Microbiology
- PhD community Medicine
- PhD Physiology
- PhD Pathology
- Fellowship in Perinatal Medicine with a duration of 1-year.
- Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine with a duration of 1-year for MD/MS/DNB Postgraduates and 2-years for Diploma graduates.
- Post-MBBS Critical Care Certificate Course with a duration of 2-years.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:In order to apply for admission in (RMC) – M S Ramaiah Medical College, following are the few requirements:
Undergraduate (MBBS):FOR INDIAN APPLICATIONS:
- Candidates should have passed 12th standard, should have obtained 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (taken together) and should have passed English as one of the subjects.
- The candidates should have completed 17 years of ageas on 31st December of the year of admission.
- The candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on the31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidate should have passed 12th standard (or equivalent) and should have obtained 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (taken together).
- Should have passed English as one of the subjects.
- 15% of the total admissions each year (23 seats).
- Should have documents to prove their NRI/FOREIGN status (Eg. passport, work permit, school certificate, etc.)
- Inward remittance certificate from the Reserve Bank of India.
Postgraduate:FOR MD/MS AND PG DIPLOMAS:
- Candidates who have obtained a “Qualified” score in the PG Entrance Test conducted by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
- He/she has studied and passed in the courses leading to the award of MBBS Degree in colleges recognized by Medical Council of India and affiliated to any University established by law in India.
- He/she has completed ‘Compulsory Rotating Internship’ on or before 31st March of the admission year.
- Candidates who are in possession of a recognized postgraduate medical degree (MD/MS/DNB) Provisional Pass Certificate or a recognized postgraduate qualification or are likely to be in possession of one by 15th July of the year of admission.
- For Ph.D. courses, candidates should have MD/M.Sc. degree with minimum 55% to become eligible.
- For Ph.D. in Physiotherapy, candidates should have passed MPT degree.
- For Fellowship in Perinatal Medicine: Candidates who are in possession of recognized postgraduate medical degree MD/DNB (Pediatrics) / DCH (with one year work experience).
- For Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine:
- For MS/MD/DNB Postgraduates: Candidates who are in possession of recognized postgraduate medical degree MD/MS/DNB (General Medicine/Respiratory Diseases/Anesthesia/Emergency Medicine/General Surgery/Orthopedics).
- For Diploma graduates: Candidates who are in possession of recognized postgraduate medical diploma in Anesthesia/ TB & Chest Diseases/Orthopedics.
- For Post-MBBS Critical Care Certificate Course:
- Candidates who have studied and passed the courses leading to the award of an MBBS Degree in colleges recognized by the Medical Council of India and affiliated to any University established by law in India.
ENTRANCE EXAM (NEET):Once the candidate is eligible for applying in any of the degree programs mentioned above, they have to further clear an exam called National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). After the NEET examination takes place, a merit list is prepared and students are chosen according to their merit number. However, if two or more students have equal scores in NEET, preference will be given to
- Candidate having higher marks in Biology, NEET.
- Candidate having higher marks in Chemistry, NEET.
- Candidate older in age.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:Students who are selected after the NEET examination scores then are given a schedule of NEET counseling in which they are guided about the subjects being offered in (RMC) – M S Ramaiah Medical College and how to complete the admission process. However, for this, NEET counseling, some documents are required:
- 10th class examination mark sheet and certificate.
- HSC examination mark sheet and certificate.
- NEET admit card and score sheet.
- Course and Conduct certificate.
- Caste certificate for candidates seeking SC/ ST/ OBC quota.