(SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College
About (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College:Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College was established in 1944. It is spread over a widespread area of 87 acres. (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College is a medical college located in the Cuttack Indian state of Odisha. Sri Ramachandra Medical College is affiliated to the Utkal University of Health Sciences currently. The college is ranked 14th among medical colleges in India. (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College is a government based medical college. The total faculty count of college is 308. (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College aims to develop medical students through comprehensive, academic and research-led education. With a focus on every student to promote professional competence and learning. It also focuses on teaching the values of ethical medical practice. SCB is recognized by the following for both, running MBBS course and Postgraduate programs:
- Medical Council of India
Courses Offered at Sri Ramachandra Medical College:
Undergraduate:For undergraduates, (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College offers the MBBS courses, BSc Nursing.
Postgraduate:The course for Postgraduate degree is 3 years long and the Postgraduate diploma is 2 years long. Below is the list of all courses offered by (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College:
- MS General Surgery
- MS Orthopedics
- MS Ophthalmology
- MS Anatomy
- MS E.N.T
- MS Otorhinolaryngology
- MSC Medical Anatomy
- MSC Microbiology
- MSC Pathology
- MSC Physiology
- MD Pediatric
- MD Anesthesiology
- MD General Medicine
- MD Pathology
- MD Microbiology
- MD Radio Diagnosis
- MD Preventive and Social Medicine
- MD Psychiatry
- MD Obstetrics and Gynecology
- MD Forensic Medicine
- MD Physical Medicine
- MD Dermatology
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Social and Preventive Medicine
- MD Transfusion Medicine
- MD Pharmacology
- Ch Neuro Surgery
- Ch Pediatric Surgery
- Ch Urology
- Ch Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Ch Plastic Surgery
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Medical Radio-Diagnosis
- Diploma in Public Health
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Diploma in Immuno Hematology and Blood Transfusion
- Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Diploma in Forensic Medicine
- Diploma in Anesthesiology
Eligibility Criteria:For a candidate to qualify for application of admission to SCB, following are the requirements:
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 / A level / IB / American 12th grade or any equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English as majors from a recognized board.
- The applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in all the science subjects combined with the qualifying examination.
- The lower age limit is of 17 years on the 31st December of the year of admission.
- Foreign applicants are required to submit the following:
- A No Objection Certificate from the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- ‘Equivalence Certificate’ from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi who will equate their qualifications as equivalent to the 10+2 of India.
- A Student Visa.
- A Residential Certificate.
- The selection of candidates is solely conducted on the basis of the valid rank obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 and through centralized common counseling conducted by DGHS.
- The applicant applying for the Postgraduate programs should have passed the MBBS examination from a recognized Medical college that is affiliated to any University recognized by the MCI.
- The applicants must have completed a year of Compulsory Rotating Internship in a Medical institute recognized by the MCI.
- The applicant must have registered their MBBS degree with their respective State Medical Council.
- The selection of applicants will be solely on valid rank obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET).
- Foreign applicants must be registered practitioners in the country from where they have obtained their degree and are required to obtain a temporary registration certificate from the Medical Council of India.
Application Process:Applicants looking for admission in different degree and diploma programs offered by SCB are required to enroll and appear in the respective exams. To apply for SCB, the candidate needs to follow the succeeding steps:
- Visit the institute to obtain their prospectus along with the application form by paying the application fee.
- Fill in the form very carefully and mention the courses of interest to get admitted to.
- Attach the required documents with the form.
- Submit the completed form to the admissions office.
Required Documents:The following documents (as required by candidate’s chosen degree) should be attached with the application form:
- Metric and 10+2 marks sheet and passing certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree and mark sheet.
- Entrance exam admit card and scorecard.
- MBBS mark sheet and degree.
- Migration Certificate.
- Character Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner.
- Equivalence Certificate (if applicable).
Important Dates:These dates are according to the year 2018:
|Entry Test Name||Application Start Date||Application End Date||Exam Date|
|NEET||February 8||March 12||May 6|
|NEET PG||September 26||November 27||January 7|
Facilities:The campus of the SCB Medical provides excellence in learning along with ample opportunities for social and intellectual interaction. The college does not only offer its extraordinary educational environment but also unmatched facilities. The college is constituent of all the modernized facilities lecture halls with all updated facilities of over-head projectors, labs for the latest research and experiments and a very well managed library. SCB aims to provide every possible facility to students to make learning advantageous. The Institute provides an environment with the best infrastructural facilities.
Library:The SCB Medical College Library was established in the Year 1994. The college has one of the best medical libraries. There are more than 1000 books in the library. Library also subscribes to many national and international journals.
The Central Library Sections:The central library contains the following sections:
- Staff reading room.
- Interns reading room.
- Rooms for librarians and other staff.
- Microfilm reading, Video, and audio LCD, Projector room.
- Current journal room.
- Back volume of periodicals room.
- Air-conditioned computer room with Medlar & internet facility.
- Undergraduate Section.
- Group Discussion rooms.
- Individual Study rooms
- Document Circulation Service:
- Internet browsing and online journal access.
- Facilities for preparing presentation materials such as slides, transparencies and color scanning
- Assisting the students and faculty members for editing projects/thesis, data analysis, setting the file to the required quality of print and printing.
- Color scanning CD writing, with laser printing and DOT matrix printing.