(SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College.
About (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College:
Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College was established in 1944. It is spread over a widespread area of 87 acres. (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College is a medical college located in the Cuttack Indian state of Odisha. It is affiliated to the Utkal University of Health Sciences currently. The college is ranked 14th among medical colleges in India. (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College is a government based medical college. The total faculty count of college is 308. (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College aims to develop medical students through comprehensive, academic and research-led education. With a focus on every student to promote professional competence and learning. It also focuses on teaching the values of ethical medical practice. SCB is recognized by the following for both, running MBBS course and Postgraduate programs:
- Medical Council of India
For undergraduates, (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College offers the MBBS courses, BSc Nursing.
The course for Postgraduate degree is 3 years long and the Postgraduate diploma is 2 years long.
Below is the list of all courses offered by (SCB) – Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College:
- MS General Surgery
- MS Orthopedics
- MS Ophthalmology
- MS Anatomy
- MS E.N.T
- MS Otorhinolaryngology
- MSC Medical Anatomy
- MSC Microbiology
- MSC Pathology
- MSC Physiology
- MD Pediatric
- MD Anesthesiology
- MD General Medicine
- MD Pathology
- MD Microbiology
- MD Radio Diagnosis
- MD Preventive and Social Medicine
- MD Psychiatry
- MD Obstetrics and Gynecology
- MD Forensic Medicine
- MD Physical Medicine
- MD Dermatology
- MD Biochemistry
- MD Social and Preventive Medicine
- MD Transfusion Medicine
- MD Pharmacology
- Ch Neuro Surgery
- Ch Pediatric Surgery
- Ch Urology
- Ch Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Ch Plastic Surgery
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Medical Radio-Diagnosis
- Diploma in Public Health
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Diploma in Immuno Hematology and Blood Transfusion
- Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Diploma in Forensic Medicine
- Diploma in Anesthesiology
For a candidate to qualify for application of admission to SCB, following are the requirements:
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 / A level / IB / American 12th grade or any equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English as majors from a recognized board.
- The applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in all the science subjects combined with the qualifying examination.
- The lower age limit is of 17 years on the 31st December of the year of admission.
- Foreign applicants are required to submit the following:
- A No Objection Certificate from the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- ‘Equivalence Certificate’ from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi who will equate their qualifications as equivalent to the 10+2 of India.
- A Student Visa.
- A Residential Certificate.
- The selection of candidates is solely conducted on the basis of the valid rank obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 and through centralized common counseling conducted by DGHS.
- The applicant applying for the Postgraduate programs should have passed the MBBS examination from a recognized Medical college that is affiliated to any University recognized by the MCI.
- The applicants must have completed a year of Compulsory Rotating Internship in a Medical institute recognized by the MCI.
- The applicant must have registered their MBBS degree with their respective State Medical Council.
- The selection of applicants will be solely on valid rank obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET).
- Foreign applicants must be registered practitioners in the country from where they have obtained their degree and are required to obtain a temporary registration certificate from the Medical Council of India.
Applicants looking for admission in different degree and diploma programs offered by SCB are required to enroll and appear in the respective exams. To apply for SCB, the candidate needs to follow the succeeding steps:
- Visit the institute to obtain their prospectus along with the application form by paying the application fee.
- Fill in the form very carefully and mention the courses of interest to get admitted to.
- Attach the required documents with the form.
- Submit the completed form to the admissions office.
The following documents (as required by candidate’s chosen degree) should be attached with the application form:
- Metric and 10+2 marks sheet and passing certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree and mark sheet.
- Entrance exam admit card and scorecard.
- MBBS mark sheet and degree.
- Migration Certificate.
- Character Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner.
- Equivalence Certificate (if applicable).
These dates are according to the year 2018:
Entry Test Name
Application Start Date
Application End Date
The campus of the SCB Medical provides excellence in learning along with ample opportunities for social and intellectual interaction. The college does not only offer its extraordinary educational environment but also unmatched facilities. The college is constituent of all the modernized facilities lecture halls with all updated facilities of over-head projectors, labs for the latest research and experiments and a very well managed library. SCB aims to provide every possible facility to students to make learning advantageous. The Institute provides an environment with the best infrastructural facilities.
The SCB Medical College Library was established in the Year 1994. The college has one of the best medical libraries. There are more than 1000 books in the library. Library also subscribes to many national and international journals.
The Central Library Sections:
The central library contains the following sections:
- Staff reading room.
- Interns reading room.
- Rooms for librarians and other staff.
- Microfilm reading, Video, and audio LCD, Projector room.
- Current journal room.
- Back volume of periodicals room.
- Air-conditioned computer room with Medlar & internet facility.
- Undergraduate Section.
- Group Discussion rooms.
- Individual Study rooms
- Document Circulation Service:
The books are issued to Interns, Postgraduate Students, Research Scholars, and Faculty Members. Bound/unbound journals, audio-visual materials, and CD-ROMs are for in-house use only.
References Services is a personal aid provided to the user by the library staff in interpreting library collection for study and research. The Library staff assists users to locate the needed information from the available information resources. On the basis of the collection, the library provides services to its users.
Through this service library provides photocopies of articles from journals and books to the users as and when requested further users can also send and receive Fax messages from the library
Through this service library provides audio and video cassettes CD’s slides of teaching programs, in the A.V. Room.
The computer lab of the library offers the following computer services to users
- Internet browsing and online journal access.
- Facilities for preparing presentation materials such as slides, transparencies and color scanning
- Assisting the students and faculty members for editing projects/thesis, data analysis, setting the file to the required quality of print and printing.
- Color scanning CD writing, with laser printing and DOT matrix printing.
The Srirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College motivates and supports its students to prosper in sports along with studies. The college has a huge sports complex for students. Football ground, badminton court, table tennis court, Cricket ground are all part of the lavish infrastructure of sports facilities. The Gymnasium is also a part of the sports complex. College is often found organizing events of intercollege competitions, which constitute of sports events too. SCB supports the students to groom their skills in sports.
There are hostels to provide students with safe, clean and less expensive accommodation. The hostels provide the students with an individual bed, a cupboard, a table, and a chair. For the comfort of students water and electric supply are available all the time. The facility of the mess is also there. The hostels are managed by the wardens to ensure that no harassment or misconduct takes place. Ragging is not allowed in the hostels and students live in a home-like environment.
The cafeteria at SCB is centralized and is accessible for all the departments. It provides service for food delivery to hotels and faculty offices. The cafe is spacious, clean and provides extremely good services. A large variety of hygienic, healthy and delicious food is available at the cafe. The environment of the cafeteria is very comfortable and all the food is available at low rates. Students can easily come and go at any time and eat to their fill.
At medical college students are often found disturbed due to studies or other problems they are facing due to the university environment. SCB has come up with a counseling service to help all the students in overcoming their fears and making them successful. Doctors, seniors, and teachers are there to counsel students.
Life at SCB Medical College:
Life at a medical college is a whole new world. After entering a medical college, you realize the sudden change in the way you learn and manage things. After going through a very tough competition and entering a medical college you have successfully achieved the goal of your life. But the journey of hard work doesn’t end there. Getting selected to SCB proves your determination and devotion. Through your consistent efforts, you have earned to get your skills polished by an institution like SCB. There are hard times at medical college but you ultimately overcome the hardships, to perform well in tough times below are some tip:
Get Started Right Away:
Putting off tasks may feel like a method for temporarily reducing stress, but actually, it’s a recipe for increasing your stress levels as the term progresses. Things won’t get easier later when the workload piles up and your deadlines loom ever closer. You don’t have to do everything at once, you just have to get started. When you begin a task, you leave behind all the worry and fear that the task is too big or too difficult. Break the job down into manageable steps, choose one small aspect of the task and get going right away.
Rethink Your Approach to Exams:
Sure, exams can be stressful and scary, but they are meant as an opportunity to provide your feedback about the quality of your learning. Instead of waiting until the last minute to study and then waiting until the grade comes back to see how well you’ve done, set up your study routine to give yourself lots of time to prepare and test yourself before the exam. Not only will your learning be enhanced, but you will also develop a sense of confidence that will carry over to the exam and you will have a chance to catch any errors or omissions before you enter the exam room. Suddenly, the exam won’t seem so scary.
Dr. Najeeb lectures:
Medical college, studies are quite tough. Sometimes you miss a lecture or can’t understand what was taught by the teacher, at times your teacher’s teaching style doesn’t match with your learning and you extremely upset. Even after trying all the above techniques nothing works you can always access Dr. Najeeb’s Lectures. These are video lectures which are an incredible source for self-studying. Dr. Najeeb’s Lectures are the world’s best medical lectures, covering every one of the aspects of Gross Anatomy, Neuro-anatomy, Embryology, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology. These lectures comprise of visualizations of knowledge delivered by books. These lectures also comprise of hand-drawn illustrations to further clarify concepts of students. These lectures clarify all your queries and make your concepts crystal clear. Furthermore, one can get lifetime access to these lectures and even download the app to avail them anytime, anywhere.
Utilize Time Effectively:
At medical college, the key to good performance is time management. You need to form a schedule and strictly follow it. For situations where time for classes overlaps with time for other activities, you need to prioritize your classes or manage the time accordingly. The most important thing is to manage your time efficiently. Regularly go through your notes and always start early. If any assignment or quiz is due do not drag it till the deadline, rather start early so that you have time to ask others and perform well.
Read with Your Brain Switched On:
If you’ve ever found yourself moving your eyes over the words of the text but found your thoughts were off somewhere else, you’ll know how much time re-reading long passages of text consumes. Reading more actively (that is, thoughtfully) can make reading more effective and efficient. Read with the aim of understanding and relating the ideas of the text to your existing knowledge, previous readings, lecture material, and the goals of the course. As you read along, summarize main ideas, interpret the themes of the reading, think critically, and try to state the material in your own words. It isn’t necessary to memorize everything written in the text. Instead, focus on reading selectively, extracting information that is relevant to your course and your purpose as a reader.
Always be Positive:
There can be times when things don’t go smoothly but always stay positive and keep your spirits high. You need to stay positive and keep up with the hard work. You have to have confidence and trust yourself for if you’ve overcome all obstacles and come this far nothing can stop you now.
In the end, we would like to encourage you to work with determination and become the most accomplished physicians. Don’t give up in hard times, keep our tips in mind and Good luck!
For more information, please visit their official website.